Ten random things.
1. There’s a recall on my car. It seems that the drainage holes in my sunroof need to be cleaned out every once in a while, or they back up and cause water damage. VW sent me a notice saying that they’ve told their service centers about this (and, ostensibly, told them how to do it). I have an appointment to get the work done next Wednesday.
2. Punkin’ Pie and I have an appointment with a counselor this afternoon. I’m hoping, even if we don’t end up sticking with a regular schedule, that this gives Punkin’ an opportunity to work out some of her stuff.
3. Gerry and Honey are within striking distance of me this week, and I’m hoping to be able to make the trip to see them, even if it’s only for a few hours. I’m not sure I can make it happen, but I’m sure as hell going to try.
4. My friend is getting married in a couple of weekends, and I’m very much looking forward to being a part of his celebrations. I am so happy that he’s found his One; he deserves the kind of happy they have together.
5. My sister is getting married in July, and I’m terribly excited about it. She and The Girl have asked me to make cakes for their celebration, and I’m already thinking about what kind of yumminess I can put together for them. It’s going to be an early morning wedding, so I’m thinking about something with fruit (and, of course, chocolate for my sister), but I can’t decide between dense and rich carrot cake or something light and airy with strawberries and cream. Got any suggestions?
6. I’m REALLY looking forward to this school year being over.
7. We’ve got our reservation for the houses at the lake all settled. I’m not sure I can adequately express how very much I’m looking forward to this summer.
8. Mr. Chili got me a new computer (I can’t believe I didn’t tell you this already!) and it came with an updated version of iPhoto. The program recognizes faces now, and I’m spending some time every day identifying the faces in my (too many) photographs. I’m planning on spending some time deleting dud images, too; I’ve got a lot of junk in there.
9. The girls are attending tennis lessons at the health club for an hour on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I’ve been taking that time to walk on the treadmill. Yesterday, I spent almost an hour at my target heart rate. I’m going to see how long I can keep that up; I really need to work to getting back into shape.
10. I’m trying to get done at least one thing a day. Today’s task is to mail a check for the workshop I’ve signed up for in July. Oh, and laundry… there’s always laundry…