My Bean turns 13 today. THIR-TEEN! I can hardly stand it.
(Beanie in her younger days)
* What can I say about this kid? She is as familiar to me as my own heartbeat, and always has been.
* She’s easygoing and personable, and everyone who meets her comments about that part of her personality.
* She is an excellent example of what a compassionate human being looks like. She is generous and thoughtful and kind. She’s the first one to volunteer for community service projects at school, she regularly collects her outgrown clothes and toys to give away, and she is a good and true friend. Sometimes, I worry that she’s too sensitive, but I can’t really find fault in it.
* She’s wicked smaht, crazy-observant, and an excellent critical thinker. She’s also got a keen sense of funny and is able to see the humor in things that we sometimes miss.
* Every day, I’m grateful for the love and energy that this beautiful young woman brings into my life. Thank you again, Bean, for picking me to be your Mommy. I love you like crazy.