The Creativity Faerie has abandoned me for the moment; you get randomness.
1. I’ve just about had it with winter. It doesn’t help that Joshua Yetman is posting gorgeous photographs from Grenada on a fairly regular basis over at his blog.
2. The girls’ winter break is next week. We don’t have any plans to travel, and I’m both pleased and frustrated by this. While I like the idea of not having to deal with the stress of travel, I’d kind of like to go someplace with palm trees and temperatures above 40°.
3. I’m having a hard time keeping up with my blog reader. I’m thinking it might be time to trim some of my subscriptions.
4. Having said that, I’m disappointed that MAB and Gerry aren’t posting anymore.
5. We started watching Downton Abbey on Netflix, but they don’t have the second season, so Mr. Chili found a way to stream it through his iPad. Because we haven’t gone to get a connector that will stream the signal to our t.v., Mr. Chili, Punk, and I all huddle together on the couch and watch the iPad propped up on one of Punk’s music stands. I have NO idea how we’re going to access season 3.
6. Also? I got a Downton spoiler on the road yesterday. I pulled up to a stop light behind a car that had a “free Mr. Bates” sticker on it. I was not happy.
7. My class is going well. I seem to have figured out what the professor expects from the weekly reaction papers, which leads me to believe that I’ll do okay when it comes time to compose the final research review. I ought to get started on that.
8. I have a girl who comes to my strength classes at Local U. who concerns me. I think she might be exercise-addicted; she brags about how many classes she’ll attend in a day. I might bring her up to my supervisor; we’re expected to keep an eye on our regulars to make sure they aren’t engaging in unhealthy habits, and the top of the list of things we watch for is over-participation.
9. I can’t believe that Mississippi just ratified the 13th Amendment THIS WEEK. Well, no; I CAN believe it, but you know what I mean.