This is the Cirque show that we saw in Vegas. I cannot begin to tell you how satisfying an experience a Cirque du Soleil performance is. If there’s EVER a chance for you to go and see one – even if you have to spend way more for a ticket than you think is decent or rational – GO. Seriously. Go.
Daily Archives: March 27, 2007
The first ten things to come to me this morning…
1. While I wouldn’t have gone out of my way to go there, Vegas was a fun experience and I’m glad I went.
2. The crepes at the Bellagio were better than the crepes in the Paris (sorry, Sooza. The Crown and Anchor was really great, though!).
3. People who complain about delays due to maintenance are dumb. When the pilot notices something dripping out of an engine, wouldn’t it be better for someone to come and check that shit out BEFORE we get up in the air? *I* certainly think so, and the man who keeps that engine from exploding at 30,000 feet can take all day if he has to. I brought a book – take all the time you need.
4. I can survive an entire day of travel on a yogurt parfait, a granola bar, a package of Southwest Airline’s peanuts and half a 20 oz bottle of Diet Coke.
5. I missed my children a lot more than I realized.
6. If you get a chance to see a Cirque du Soleil show – even if you’ve got to fork over stupid money for the tickets – go. I think it’s almost impossible to not have an amazing time at one of their performances.
7. Of all the excess I saw in Vegas, I’m still struck by the unbelieveable light pollution. I complain about not being able to really see stars in my hometown; there’s no such thing as a star over Vegas (especially when the Luxor turns its light on).
8. Being in a warm desert climate has made me that much more eager for spring. I was sad to pack away the springtime clothes I brought to Nevada; I won’t be able to wear them here for at least another two months, so back into the attic they went.
9. I love that we here in New England have all but banned any indoor smoking. That may have been the hardest part about visiting Vegas. My hair is a filter, so I had to shower every night before I went to bed. Blech.
10. It’s good to be home. I knew that already – this is not news to me – but I’m saying it anyway. It will be better when Mr. Chili gets back but, even though I’m without him, I’m happy to be back in my own space again.