Derek over at Eats Bugs has tagged me for the Crazy Eights:
Eight things I’m passionate about (about which I am passionate):
• correct grammar (duh).
• being a good wife / mother / friend.
• equal rights. Right now, my focus is primarily on gay and lesbian rights, but the passion extends to equal rights for everyone, really.
• writing and reading.
• good food, and learning to create it.
• learning to become the best me that I can be.
• neatness and order (though there is room in my life for a little dust and clutter).
Eight things I want to do before I die:
• get to know my grandchildren (and, possibly, my great-grandchildren).
• travel, particularly to parts of Europe and the tropics (and Bermuda).
• earn at least another Master’s degree.
• celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary (I’ll be 77; he’ll be 84).
• learn another language (or, perhaps, relearn ASL).
• see the Northern Lights again. Though I’d love it if they’d come to me, I doubt that will happen again.
• attain a greater enlightenment than I currently possess.
• maintain my health.
Eight things I say often:
• “I love you.”
• “What does your room look like?”
• “Are you KIDDING me?!” (or, the variant, “are you FUCKING kidding me?!“)
• “Come on, girls; we’re going to be late!”
• “What do you want for dinner?”
• “I’m well, thank you. How are you?”
• “I’ll be right there.”
• “Two seconds of thinking would have prevented this.”
Eight books I’ve read recently:
• Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
• The Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Theodore Roszak (though, to be fair, I’m currently reading this one – I haven’t reached the last page yet).
• Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick
• The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
• The Road by Cormac McCarthy
• The Life of Pi by Yann Martel
• The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
• The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Eight songs I could listen to over and over (in no particular order):
• Best of What’s Around by Dave Matthew’s Band
• The Downeaster Alexa by Billy Joel
• The Soul Cages by Sting
• The Power of Two by the Indigo Girls
• I Will Not Go Quietly by Don Henley
• I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash
• Synchronicity II by the Police
• Shackled by Vertical Horizon
Eight things that attract me to my best friends:
• a good sense of humor.
• introspection and growth.
• passion and drive.
There’s an “eight people I think should do Crazy Eights” question at the end, but you all know how I feel about tagging. Feel free to lift this for your own use, and let me know that you’ve posted yours so I can link to you from here.