Bowyer and I are going to IKEA this morning after I drop the kids at camp. My hope is to come back with:
* a bouncy chair ** I got this, but I got the wrong color frame (DAMMIT!!) I’m going back tomorrow to exchange it. Dumbass!
* two short bookcases ** They’re expensive, so I only got one. I consider this accomplished, though; one’s enough for now.
* several shelves and a couple of drawers for the loft wardrobe ** CHECK! These aren’t worth linking; they’re not pretty or fun – pure function, here.
* a couple of dressers for the girls’ closet ** CHECK! I bought two of these.
* two plant stands to put under the east-facing windows in the dining and family rooms ** CHECK! These came in the form of these short little stools.
* a couple of plant pots for things that have outgrown their current living arrangements. ** I actually DIDN’T get these. I was disappointed to see that, while they’re all lovely, none of the plant pots had drainage holes in them. I dislike root-rot.
I also came back with a couple of wire curtain rods for our bedroom windows (it’s going to be a long, cold winter, and I think that covering the windows may help with heat retention), a dish brush, a plastic colander, and a six-pack of cinnamon rolls. Yum!