No matter how hard I try, nor how careful I am, sewing is continually a losing battle for me.
I managed to put together two more yoga mat bags – one for me with the dragonfly satin, and one for a colleague from the English department at Local U. who also takes my yoga classes.
Blair’s cat found her yoga mat while she was away one afternoon and discovered that it’s just a lovely scratch pad, so my friend needs a method of containment that not only keeps Henry the cat from digging his claws into it, but that also affords her convenient travel on public transportation. I promised her a bag.
In reality, putting a mat bag together is really very straightforward and simple – it’s all straight lines. Still, I manage to screw SOMETHING up every time I make one – I’ll forget to set the strap in the seam before I sew it, or I’ll put the thing together so that the lining is wrong-side out when I flip everything around, or I’ll make the channel for the cord too narrow for my little threader-thingy to fit through. Today was no exception (and yes – I did all of those things). I’m also concerned for the integrity of the fabric I chose for Blair’s bag; it’s a lovely green satin sari fabric, but it’s not particularly sturdy. I’m hoping the seams hold.
(sorry about the crappy iPhone photo – I’ve got a screaming headache now and I’m too lazy to download a picture from the camera. I’m going to go take some Adv*l and lie down.)