I was tagged for this on Facebook, but since I’m never ON Facebook (I need someone to explain to me exactly how to make the thing work), I’m going to do it here:
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Blech! NO!
2. Have you ever smoked? No. My parents smoked for the entire time I lived with them – before I was born, even; that was quite enough exposure for me, thanks.
3. Do you own a gun? Only if Nerf dart guns count
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? I didn’t get Kool Aid as a kid; as I recall, we got ZaRex (does that stuff still exist?!). I didn’t like it much, though, but I do remember liking Tang.
5. What job would you like to do other than your own?
It occurred to me the other day that, were I not in the life I’m currently living, I might like to teach yoga on a cruise ship that services sandy tropical islands.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them, especially in the summer with ketchup, onion, relish, and mustard, but I try to not THINK about them too much because if I did, I’d never eat them.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Oh, without question; Patrick Stewart’s A Christmas Carol (and, though it’s not technically a Christmas movie, I have a longstanding tradition of wrapping presents in front of Jerry Maguire, so there you have it).
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Ovaltine with 1% milk.
9. Can you do push ups? Why,YES; yes, I can! I can do both wide-arm AND triceps push-ups. I blame the yoga.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Without question; my bridal set.
11. Favorite hobby? reading (DUH!)
12. Do you have A. D. D.? Nope.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes; usually contacts during the day and glasses at night, but sometimes I’ll wear the glasses if I’m too lazy to bother with the lenses in the morning (or I know I’m not going to leave the house).
14. Middle name? Ann – no “e”
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I REALLY don’t want to grade mid-terms, but I don’t want to bring them on vacation, either; I’m never going to get done everything I want to get done before we leave; and I wonder how many of my students are going to show today.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. Green tea, Diet Coke, and Strawberry C Odwalla.
17. Current worry? I hope it doesn’t snow while we’re on vacation.
18. Current hate right now? I am blissfully free of hate.
19. Favorite place to be? Wherever my husband is.
20. How did you ring in the new year? At home, quietly. As a matter of fact, I was in bed asleep, Beanie was at a sleepover, and Mr. Chili woke Punkin to watch the ball drop.
22. Name three people who will complete this:I hate these questions; they’re lame
23. Do you own slippers? Yes; a couple of pairs, actually, though I much prefer woobie socks to slippers.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? A deep brown, thermal-knit top.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No. I prefer light cotton sheets.
26. Can you whistle? yes.
27. Where are you now? at my desk in the kitchen
28. Would you be a pirate? Probably not; I tend to get a little woozy on the open ocean.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I sing in the car, not the shower.
30. Favorite girl’s Name? My children’s names, but I’m not telling them here.
31. Favorite boy’s name? If we’d had a son, his name would have been Devin Corey. I’m also fond of Kyle and Kevin.
32. What is in your pocket right now? nothing; I RARELY put things in my pockets (though I do keep lip balm in the pockets of my jackets).
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Mr. Chili, describing something ridiculous happening in his workplace.
34. What vehicle do you drive? A little black VW Golf, which I love with a sublime depth.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I’ve never really been INJURED per se, though I did have a raging – and profoundly ugly – case of shingles on my face a few years back, and I regularly throw my back out (though not for a while.. knock, knock!).
36. Do you love where you live? Oh, now’s a BAD time to ask me that question! MOST of the time, I love where I live. Right now, though, all I can think about is fleeing the scene for warmer climes – Get ready, Gerry; we’re coming at you!!
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Technically, three; one in the family room, one in the great room (which only gets used when there’s a critical conflict in the family room or I want to listen to the news while I’m cooking dinner) and one in the basement that still works, but is of lesser quality than the ones in the living spaces. We’ll probably give it to Goodwill the next time we do a basement purge.
Okay – the Chili family is making ready for our sojourn to Florida. Ten Things Tuesday will be composed while I’m enjoying warm weather and even warmer friendship!