Boosted from Monday Crazy Questions, which I found by Googling “meme ideas.”
1. What is one thing that will put a great big ole smile on your face?
Mr. Chili. Seriously; I know it’s a sappy answer, but he always makes me smile.
2. You’re walking down the street toward a very familiar face. As you get closer, you realize you do not remember this person’s name at all. Do you speak with the chance that they’ll want to stop and chat, or do you pretend that you don’t see the person?
I am so rotten with names that I’ve given up being embarrassed by it. My stock line is “I KNOW your face, and I know where I know you from, but I’m so sorry; I’ve forgotten your name.”
3. Are you the rock or the sponge of your household?
That depends on the day, now, doesn’t it?
4. You have gone to a friends for dinner. You look down at your plate and notice a great big ole hair hanging out from inside your sandwich. What do you do?
Puh-LEESE! Doesn’t this happen to everyone? Pull it out and get over it; and no, you don’t need to mention it, unless the crowd would get the joke. (Now that I think of it, though, a lot depends on the nature of the hair, don’t you agree?)
5. If you HAD to name one….who would you say is your role model?
7. Would your -(Past or present)- mate/spouse, significant other/whatever -say that living with you has been like a gentle breeze, or more like a hurricane?
Again I say, it depends on the day, now, doesn’t it?
6. Have you raised children? If so, do you think your parenting skills were top notch, or could have used a little help from Dr. Phil?
Pffft. I think Dr. Phil is an idiot. Let’s just say I’m doing a better job than I was expecting, given my formative role models.
8. When you shop at the grocery store, do you always shop exactly by a list or just go helter skelter and hope that you get home with most of what you need?
Okay, here’s my deal with the grocery store; I always – well, almost always – write out a list. Invariably, that list gets left at home, though, so I’m forced to try to recreate the damned thing from memory. Invariably still, I end up forgetting at least one thing (and it’s usually something important). No worries, though; the market is literally a two minute drive from the house (and that’s if you have to wait for the light…).
Happy Monday, Everyone!