I don’t know if I’ve done this one before. If I have, here it is again.
1. What is the color of your toothbrush?
I brush with a pink Radius toothbrush.
2. Name one person who made you smile today.
Mr. Chili. He (almost) always makes me smile.
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Since I’m not in school today (Columbus Day holiday), I’m going to be grading papers. I’ve got sooooo many papers to grade.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
5. What is your favorite candy bar?
This changes with my mood. I’ve been trying to avoid candy lately, though I’m very fond of really good chocolate. If we’re talking the kind of candy one can buy at the grocery check-out stand, it’s probably a toss between Three Musketeers and Reese’s at the moment.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?
No, though I’ve withdrawn a pile of one dollar bills on a couple of occasions so Mr. Chili could go with friends of ours (hi, Falcon!).
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?
8. What is your favorite ice cream?
Chocolate peanut butter. We’ve found a variety of Hood (that our grocery store makes under their home brand) that involves chocolate ice cream, a ribbon of peanut butter, and little chocolate covered peanut butter stars. Mmmmmm!
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?
10. Do you like your wallet?
So much, in fact, that I own it in two colors.
11. What was the last thing you ate?
Dinner last night.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
No. I’m trying desperately to find comfortable, work-appropriate pants that fit me but, so far, no luck.
13. The last sporting event you watched?
Football, you bet!
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
A little too much butter and salt.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?
16. Ever go camping?
Yes. Ask me if I ever went again…
17. Do you take vitamins daily?
YES! I’ve been a REALLY good girl about developing this habit, and I think it’s making a difference in how I feel.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?
I’m sorry… have you met me? I’m going to answer this in a different sort of way, though; I DO have communion every Sunday with a group of like-minded people, where we come together purposefully and with an intentional generosity of spirit. It’s called my Sunday morning yoga class, and I would challenge anyone who tries to tell me it’s not a valid form of worship.
19. Do you have a tan?
I’m sorry… have you met me? No. I’m the whitest girl you’re likely ever to meet.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
No. While I certainly LIKE Chinese food (and I found a place, in the course of caring for Mom this summer, that’s really, really good), pizza would win that competition every time (unless, of course, I was having one of those cravings, in which case, all bets are off…)
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
Only in restaurants.
22. What did your last text message say?
“Okay. Let me know…”
23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Back to work! I love my job!
24. Favorite color?
Depends on my mood and the application of the color (clothing, linen, decoration, that sort of thing). I’m fond of greens pretty universally, though.
25. Look to your left; what do you see?
My printer, a dragonfly card I framed, a window to my back yard.
26. What color is your watch?
My watch is my iPhone.
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”?
Usually, I think of the Sydney Opera House and Finding Nemo. Right now, though, I’m thinking about how those lucky ducks are heading into spring while we’re hurtling headlong into fall…
28. Would you strip for money?
How MUCH money?
29.Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Again, it depends. Usually, I go in. I find I have a better chance of actually getting what I ask for when I go in (and I tend to not eat in the car).
30. What is your favorite number?
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone?
32. Any plans today?
Grading, grading, grading. I’ve still got about 1/3 of my Local U. kids’ personal narratives to get through, plus their library scavenger hunt. I’ve got a couple of things I need to get done for CHS, as well, most important among them being the progress report narratives.
33. In how many states have you lived?
34. Biggest annoyance right now?
Never feeling like I have enough time.
35. Last song listened to?
A song off the new Vertical Horizon CD called “Save Me From Myself.” I like to turn it up loudly enough in the car to shake the side mirrors. I’m really just a teenage boy…
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards?
Not even stone-cold sober.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?
Oh, how I WISH! If I could just get someone once a month to disturb cobwebs, clean the tub, and vacuum, I’d be deliriously happy. Seriously!
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
I’m kind of in love with Land’s End All-Weather Mocs once I give up my Land’s End summer sandals.
39. Are you jealous of anyone?
40. Is anyone jealous of you?
I’m willing to say “yes,” though I know of certainly no one in particular. I am acutely aware that I have a wonderful life. If I were anyone else, I’d be jealous of me.
41. Do you love anyone?
I love a LOT of anyones…
42. Do any of your friends have children?
Some of them, but certainly not all.
43. What do you usually do during the day?
Teach! I love my job.
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now?
Nope. There’s no room in my life for hate.
45. Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily?
You know what? I don’t know. I tend to be more creative in my greetings – if I’m seeing someone face-to-face, I’ll say “good morning!” or whatever time of day it is. I’ll say “hello” to answer the home phone because I don’t have caller ID (I know who’s calling on my cell and can personalize those greetings) but my home phone doesn’t ring every day, so it may well be that I can go a whole day without actually saying “hello.”
46. What color is your car?
Black! Just the way I like it.
47. What size wedding ring do you wear?
I think I’m a six and a half.
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
I’m missing someone right now. The Universe has decided that I’m going to miss Weed Woman this week…
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
50. How did you get your worst scar?
I have a scar on the top of my head from my impression of a human missile when I was little. My biologic hit the brakes to avoid a bicyclist (who was avoiding a pothole), and my unrestrained six-year-old self sailed over the front seat and found the dashboard with the crown of my head. If I remember correctly, we drove straight to the doctor’s office – and I was later scolded for how much I bled all over the car.