Ten miscellaneous things:
1. When you get pulled over, don’t try to bullshit the cop. You should know what law(s) you’re breaking (more on this tomorrow).
2. My husband makes gorgeous chocolate chip cookies. It’s yet another reason I love him.
3. I don’t like the cold – that’s no news to anyone – but I really hate it when it’s so cold that it actually hurts to be outside.
4. I have far more ambitions than I have time to fulfill.
5. I made a date with my husband! I got a sitter for this Friday night; we’re going out for dinner, then we’re going to see The Book of Eli. I can’t wait.
6. I adore the smell of Olay vanilla body wash. While the scent doesn’t linger on my skin, it does make my bathroom smell lovely in the morning.
7. I’ve discovered that most of the things I like to eat are not particularly good for me.
8. I was horrified by the plain-as-the-nose-on-your-face similarities between the Nazi policy against homosexuals in the mid-30s and a lot of the things I hear coming from the anti-gay movement today. Vigilance is required, People!
9. I finished reading Richard Wright’s Native Son the other day. Yikes, but I’ve chosen a wicked first novel for my English III/IV class! While I appreciate the synergy that the Universe often demonstrates for me, I’m sad that there are relevant examples of racism and oppression in this country today (start listening at about 18:30).
10. My mother’s birthday would have been yesterday. It wasn’t as hard for me as I was afraid it would be…