I’ve been working a new eating plan lately, courtesy of Success Warrior. Here are 10 things that I can eat that blow my mind; I love that I can eat like this and still lose weight…
1. Fried cheese. I ate this one night when my family was having pasta (which is something I’m not supposed to eat right now). I dipped it in egg and dusted it with a teeny-tiny bit of bread crumbs and more Parmesan cheese. I could do this for the rest of my life.
2. Chicken. I’ve had it roasted, grilled, and flash-fried. Yum.
3. Chicken salad. I’ve learned to reproduce Willow Tree chicken salad (mix a couple of roasted chicken breasts in the KitchenAid fitted with the paddle attachment, sprinkle in celery seeds, chopped onion, a sprinkling of garlic powder, and about a tablespoon or so of brown sugar, then beat in enough mayo to hold the stuff together. It is divine).
4. Tuna salad. While I’m nervous about seafood in general (I have a raging shellfish allergy), I don’t mind canned tuna.
5. Steak. Mmmm. I’ve been totally loving the steak.
6. Greek yogurt. If SW had said “no” to the Greek yogurt, I’d have failed on this eating plan on the first day. This stuff is my breakfast, my mid-afternoon snack, and my dessert. LOVE. IT.
7. Almonds. Yummy, yummy, yummy. I have some dusted in cocoa powder (very lightly, SW, I swear) and others sprinkled with sea salt. I keep them in my classroom, I keep them in my car, I keep them in my kitchen.
8. Lettuce and spinach. I’m using these things to hold up my chicken and tuna salads.
9. Protein powder. I’ve manage to replace my morning Ovaltine habit with a protein shake. It’s way more expensive, but also way better for me.
10. Hamburger. The other day, I scrambled up a hamburger and dumped in a few chopped onions and a handful of grated cheese and called it lunch. It was awesome.
The last time I looked, I was down 2 pounds, and SW assures me I’m not nearly done yet. So far, so good!