I think I’ve done this one before. Even if I have, though, it’s been at least a year, so here goes (thanks, Kwizgiver!):
1. Real tree or Artificial? Real, and significantly taller than the average tree. We look for the 12-14 footers.
2. Do you like decorating the tree? I do. Mr. Chili puts up the lights and the girls love to hang ornaments, so I really don’t have to do much.
3. When do you put up the tree? We’ll probably try for next weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually on New Year’s Eve day, sometimes sooner.
5. Do you like eggnog? I do, but it’s more of a treat and less of a drink. One of the varieties our grocery store carries is “sugar cookie eggnog,” which is particularly yummy.
6. Ever broken a present right after opening it? Huh. Not that I can recall. I know we’ve had defective gifts, the defects of which weren’t discovered until after the package was opened, but I don’t remember ever breaking something.
7 . Hardest person to buy for? Not “person,” but “people:” my in-laws
8. Easiest person to buy for? Mr. Chili
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Sort of. I have one of those cute, little-kid arrangements (I think it’s Precious Moments), but I think I only have the Joseph, Mary, and baby figures. I don’t always put them out.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Ugh. Cards. I usually don’t do either; we send a “New Year’s” letter.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Cheese. No, really.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Patrick Stewart’s A Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I’m pretty good about picking up things for people all year – if I see something I love, I’ll get it and stash it until Christmas. This year, I didn’t really do much of that, though. Almost all of my shopping is being done electronically this year, though, so I’m not overly stressed about it.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think that anyone who answers “no” to this is lying.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Only ONE thing?! Goddess! Christmas, for us, is all about the food and the family (and, you know, the presents). I’ve taken up a tradition of cooking prime rib for the holiday meal, and that’s always roll-your-eyes-to-the-back-of-your-head yummy.
16. Have you ever actually eaten fruit cake? Yes. Once.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I’m fond of The Carol of the Bells. I’m also deeply, abidingly in love with Gabriel’s Message.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home. It took years to earn the right, and I’m not letting go of it for anything, at least not for a few more years.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Of course, if I sing the song in my head
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither. We hang a huge, red velvet bow
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People in grumpy moods and dumb commercials (chia pets, snuggies, electric razors, salad shooters…)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a lot of Santas. My favorites are the half-moon Santas and the cute little clay guys in glass globes.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? Were you not listening when I told you about the prime rib?!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I am working on a list, because I hate not having an answer to that question. I’m going to be adding “diploma frames” to the list; I went to L.U.’s website and discovered how expensive they are. YIKES!