Ten things. Just things…
1. It’s freakishly warm for the end of November. Not that I’m complaining, mind you, but it bears notice. I hope it doesn’t portend a hellish winter.
2. I’m kind of loving my new iPhone. I didn’t think that the upgrade would be that big a deal, but I’m finding that I really like some of the new features.
3. I can see the light at the end of my Local U. tunnel. I’m looking forward to getting through it.
4. I really need to get my act together in terms of holiday gift plans. I have some far-flung people to whom I send gifts from Stonewall Kitchen, and I need to get that ordered. I am planning on doing a lot of cooking and baking this year for gifts, and I need to narrow down my recipe choices in the next few days.
5. I’ve retained the services of a friend of Auntie’s for our Christmas picture this year. This woman took some lovely photos of the girls while Mr. Chili and I were in Bermuda (the resulting album was our anniversary gift from our daughters and Auntie and the Girl). I want her to come over when we’ve got our tree set up, so we should do that in the next two weeks or so.
6. We got an invite to a really nice private tree farm for our tree this year. We got into this place last year through our neighbor (who is a regular invitee), but our name made it onto the guest list this year. I’m looking forward to it – last year, we had a terrible time picking from among the all near-perfect trees.
7. Oh, my GOD! I’m LOVING Sons of Anarchy right now. I’m going to be SO sad when this season ends; it’s been a WILD ride!
8. While watching an episode of Sons, we came across a commercial for the next season of Justified. I’m looking forward to that, too! (According to the ad, it starts up again in January)
9. I need to get my oil changed. I think, when I do, I’m going to buy a couple of oil changes and interior detailing for christmas gifts. My in-laws could use them, and they would meet my “buy local” demand.
10. I’ve begun re-reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in anticipation of seeing the film. I have it in paper, but I also bought the ebook; I’m finding that I really prefer to read ebooks in bed.