1. What in the 2011 has proved to you that you are a survivor? Ugh! My LU class was a KILLER this year, and for a while there I seriously considered telling my program director to take me off his adjunct list. I’m getting over it (like one gets over labor or a bad relationship – it takes time), so I’ll hopefully be ready to brave another freshman writing class in the fall.
2. Have you ever stayed online for a very long time waiting for someone? No
3. Are REALLY ready for the holidays? I’m pretty ready, yeah. I’ve given all my colleagues their yummies, most of my gifts to give have been acquired (or delivered) and I’ve got a handle on dinner. There’s still wrapping to do, of course, and a few last-minute things, but I don’t feel stressed out at all.
4. Did you have an imaginary friend as a kid? Not per se, but I did live in a haunted house when I was very young, so there’s that.
5. What niche network do you watch the most? FX. I’m madly, deeply in love with both Sons of Anarchy and Justified.
6. Have you ever seen the ocean? Please; I live in New England. In fact, it’s true that I see the ocean (or, more accurately, a proximal bay of the ocean) just about every other day. I’ve never lived more than a 10-15 minute drive from a beach, and while I get antsy if I’m too far inland, I’m not overly fond of the ocean. Weird, I know; I need to have it close, but I don’t need to go IN it.
7. Have you ever been hospitalized? Three times; once when I knocked myself out on a swing set when I was about 7 or 8, and once each for the birth of my two daughters.
8. What do you think of the US Republican candidates for president? Oh, come on! You KNOW what I think about them, don’t you?
9. Could you imagine life without a computer? No, I honestly can’t. Computers make my professional life better by orders of magnitude, they provide entertainment and security and the opportunity for me to build a vast and amazing community here. I would be much poorer without computers in my world.