A New Year’s edition via Kwizgiver
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before? I crocheted a cowl. I also figured out knitting needles, though on a ridiculously rudimentary level.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make resolutions last year, though I have committed to my Do One Thing idea for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but one of Mr. Chili’s cousins is expecting his first child this spring.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit? We went to Bermuda in June to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011? Less clutter (also Kwizgiver’s answer) and more down time.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I have a lot of fond memories of that aforementioned trip to Bermuda. I also had fun in Florida and on the Cape with the TwoBlueDays.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Raising my daughters.
9. What was your biggest failure? Raising my daughters.
10. What was the best thing you bought? We bought Mr. Chili a new car.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine. I have (and work with) teenagers.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? The Republicans’, a certain parent’s, and my brother’s.
13. What song will always remind you of 2011? Huh. I don’t really have a song I associate with this year…
14. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise – especially yoga – and reading.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry, especially about things over which I have zero control. I also wish I’d paid less attention – and consequently, given less of my energy – to people who didn’t deserve it.
16. Did you fall in love in 2011? Yes; I’m pretty much perpetually in love.
17. What was your favorite new TV program? I’m kind of digging both Grimm and Once Upon a Time. I maintained my love affair with Sons of Anarchy and Justified, though neither of them is new.
18. What was the best book you read? I read a bunch of good books this year, but I think I derived the most guilty pleasure from The Scottish Prisoner.
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? Better organization of my time.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011? Comfortable and vaguely monochromatic.
21. What kept you sane? My husband, my friends, and writing.
22. Who did you miss? My mother.
23. Who was the best new person you met? I’m digging both our new science and math teachers.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2011? You can’t fix stupid… or mean.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “Turns out not where but who you’re with that really matters.”