Boosted, as ever with affection, from Kwizgiver.
1. Do you live close to where you grew up? Why? I live 54 miles from where I was born and raised. Why? You’ve got me! I think it’s mostly because, in my early adulthood, I didn’t have the resources to flee to a warmer climate. Then I met my husband, who built our house a whopping 4.3 miles from the house in which he grew up, and we just kind of dug in. Apparently, I’m a wicked Yankee, too, which others have led me to believe makes me ill suited to live anywhere else, so there you have it.
2. Have you ever been so angry that you almost lost control? Yep. I’ve hated the feeling, though, and have gotten pretty good at retreating to the center when I feel it coming on.
3. Are you a fan of a musical act that slightly embarrasses you? Please. I was a child of the 80s.
4. Is there a movie that always makes you cry? Uh, YEAH! I well up at the “if they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jimmy could land it” scene in Apollo 13, no matter how many times I see it.
5. Who is the most famous person that you’ve met? I’ve met Matt Scannell of Vertical Horizon fame. He is chosen family with the TwoBlueDays, who are chosen family with me.
6. Before you leave your home, what must you have? My phone. I feel naked without my phone, even if I never use it while I’m out.
7. What do you miss the most about being a kid? VERY little. For all the responsibility and accountability that comes with being a grown-up, there are also a hell of a lot of freedoms and privileges, too.
8. Tell us about a passion of yours that your readers would not expect. Oh, God. Is there anything I haven’t told you all yet? Um…. I can’t write in books, so I’ve grown dependent on Post-it page markers to make notes and observations. Sometimes, I have so many notes in the books that the leading edges are wider than the spine….
9. At what age do you think you’d be to think, “I’ve had a great run”? Honestly? I could say that right now. I’m not nearly done, mind you, but I’ve been so happy for so long that, if I had to, I could die happy right now….