I find myself completely uninspired today, so I’m stealing Kwizgiver’s idea and writing my TTT list based on a letter. I asked Bob (aka DUDE!) to give me the letter, and he chose “T” for Tuesday, so here we go.
1. In honor of Bob, I’m going to point out that it’s Taco Tuesday. If he were still living here (and not in sunny, warm Florida, the bastid), he’d be able to enjoy Two-dollar Taco Tuesday. When I pointed out to him that I just can’t get into taco Tuesdays, his response was “Dude… two words… SAUCE BAR.” I love a man who knows what he likes.
2. Tea. Seriously; I drink tea literally all day. My favorite is this stuff from Teavana, brewed in quantity, stashed in the fridge, and served with a splash of orange-tangerine juice. I might very well shrivel up and die if I didn’t have this stuff, and it’s single-handedly responsible for allowing me to kick my diet Coke habit.
3. Thai food. I have to admit here that I’m not fond of all Thai food (in fact, I’m nervous about most of is as there’s an awful lot of shrimp in most of the typical menu offerings), but I’m deeply, abidingly in love with Tom Kha Gai soup and chicken pad Thai. In fact, O’Mama and I are meeting at our local Thai place for dinner tonight, and I’m very much looking forward to both the company and the cuisine.
4. Typing. I swear; if I couldn’t type, I would probably explode. That I’m able, more or less, to write in such a way that I can keep up with the narrative in my head is one of the things that makes me genuinely happy. If I had to hand write everything, I’d probably kill somebody.
5. Texting. Honestly? Most of the time, I’d rather text than talk. I love the immediacy – and the brevity – of text messages. I’m also overly fond of instant message chat on the computer, which is kind of the same thing.
6. Teenagers. I know, I know; most of the time, they drive me absolutely batshit crazy, but underneath it all, I really, truly love them. Teens have a sense of humor, a manner, and a perspective that I love, even when I want to choke them for being dumb.
7. Triangle pose. It’s not my most favorite, but I really do like it. Lately, though, I’ve found I’m having trouble getting into my fullest expression of this pose on my left; I’m going to have to focus a little harder on that.
8. Television. I’ll grant you that there’s not a lot about it that’s good, but I’ve managed to find a couple of shows that I really, truly love. I’m heartily enjoying this season of Justified, the family is getting into both Once Upon a Time and Grimm (though we’re sometimes having trouble keeping the story lines separate), and I’m very much looking forward to Awake (please, please, please, don’t let it suck!). We saw the premiere of Touch last week, and we’ve got high hopes for that, too (though we’re kinda pissed that we have to wait until March for the show to begin in earnest).
9. Tee shirts. I am much more a pull-over knit shirt kind of person than I am a button-down kind of person. I dress my tees up with sweaters and scarves, and I think I do okay.
10. Travel. In 20 days, I get on a plane to go and visit the family of my heart and the aforementioned Dude. My husband is kicking me out of New England during part of our February break so that I can get warm and he and the girls can go skiing. I am so looking forward to this trip; even though it means that I’ll be away from Mr. Chili and the girls, I relish the idea of being with my people.