The Travel Edition:
1. I never go anywhere without my pillow. It’s kind of silly, I know, but I make no apologies; I sleep better with my own pillow, and I’m willing to sacrifice some of my suitcase space to bring one with me whenever I’m away from home.
2. That being said, I’m really not very high maintenance. Being in Florida for three days meant I brought changes of clothes, a bathing suit (which I may never have occasion to wear), some walking clothes and sneakers (which I DO hope to use for early morning walking workouts around Gerry’s neighborhood), and a pair of sandals.
3. I also brought my electronica; my phone and my iPad.
4. And a couple of paper books to augment the electronic ones on the aforementioned Pad.
5. I really don’t love flying. I mean, I love getting on a plane in the cold and getting off in the warm with practically no time in between, but the bumping and bouncing doesn’t thrill me. I think I need to spend more time with my neighbor. He’s a pilot and loves to fly; perhaps he can talk me out of my nerves.
6. I got up this morning and took a walk around Gerry’s neighborhood. The development is configured perfectly for walking, and I got a good 45 minutes in before anyone else woke up (in fact, as I write this, I’m still the only one in evidence in the house). Tomorrow, I’m going to add a couple of loops into the trip; I needed a tiny bit more distance than I got.
7. I’ll be seeing Bob (aka DUDE!) for lunch today. I’m looking forward to seeing my friend again (though I fully intend to give him a hard time for moving away…).
8. I chatted with Mr. Chili a bit before I left for my walk (and he left for a half a day of work – it seems The Eye is fixed on him and he can’t take a full week off with the girls. Not that it matters to them, really; I’m betting he can go to work every day until about 11 and they’d probably not notice he was gone, but I digress…). He told me that I may have to stay an extra day (THE HORROR!) because we’re expectng some yucky weather on Thursday at home. I’ll be crushed if I have to stay here (in 80+ sunny degrees) to avoid snow and ice… really…
9. I’m trying to decide if I want to go to Epcot while I’m here. My crew has made no plans for me and are completely amenable to anything I want to do, but the truth is that I don’t KNOW what I want to do. I think we’ll just wing it.
10. Traveling always make me ruminate about home and what home means. Whenever I go anywhere, I wonder what it would be like to live there; what would our house look like, where would we work and shop and meet new friends? I do this even when I’m traveling with my family, so this isn’t a “Chili traveling on her own” sort of thing, but as I was walking around the neighborhood, I wondered how different our lives would be if we lived anywhere but where we do. What would I miss, and what would I be just as happy never to have to deal with again (*cough* snow! *cough* 30 degrees and below! *cough*)?