Ten voices I really love.
1. James Earl Jones. Seriously; I could listen to that man read the phone book and be contented for the evening.
2. Morgan Freeman. He’s another one; I don’t care what he’s saying, I just love to hear him say it.
3. Oleta Adams. This woman has a beautiful voice; there’s something about it that intrigues me, but I can’t quite put my finger on what that thing is.
4. Johnny Cash. Classic, strong, and self-assured.
5. Susan Stamberg from NPR. Her voice always has an undercurrent of humor in it, and I have the feeling that I’d like her very much if I met her.
6. Sarah McLachlan. She has a voice like velvet; rich and deep and soft.
7. Liam Neeson. I particularly loved him as Aslan in The Chronicles of Narnia.
8. Queen Latifah. Her voice is lovely and smooth, like melted chocolate.
9. Patrick Stewart. I mean, really; how is this even a question?
10. Sam Elliott. Sadly, he’s spending most of his time peddling trucks, but it doesn’t matter; I’d listen to him all day.