1. What was the last clothing item that you bought? I was in Sears yesterday and took advantage of their 70% off-already-reduced-prices looting sale to buy myself a polarfleece jacket (which I already had – and loved – in brown), a tank top, and a breezy little buttonless shirt thing that is difficult for me to describe.
2. If you could stay one age forever, what age would you choose? Well, taking away the fact that I wouldn’t want to be one age forever (we did a LOT of talking about vampires last year at school…), I’d probably pick something in my mid 30s.
3. When you say “lol”, are you really laughing? I don’t LOL, I “hahaha” and yes, I am actually laughing (this was Kwizgiver’s answer, but it’s mine, too).
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve done in the past year? I took a trip to Bermuda.
5. If you started a business, what would it be? I flirted with the idea of opening a dessert catering business.
6. Do your friends/family/coworkers know about your blog? Most of them do; some of them don’t.
7. How long does it take you to write an average blog post? That depends on what I’m writing about. Some things fly off my fingers because they can’t wait to get out of my head, and some things take days or weeks to gestate.
8. How do you keep up with the blogs you follow? Two words; Google Reader.
9. What is your bedtime? Is sex always involved? I go to bed early to read and no, sex is not always involved.
10. Introvert or extrovert? an extroverted introvert (which is exactly the opposite of what Kwizgiver answered.
11. What is your biggest fear? Unanticipated loss.
12. What is the best job you ever had? Without question, the best job I’ve ever had is the one I have right now.
13. Dog person/cat person/both/neither? I have a particular affinity for both types of creatures, though I prefer cats in my climate; I shudder watching people walk their dogs in the stupid cold and wet we get here for too much of the year. I can just open the door and let the cat out (if he’s stupid enough to want to go out) and not have to worry about keeping track of him.
14. If you had $1,000 to spend any way you wanted, what would you do with it? Again, Kwizgiver beats me to an answer; I’d shop, of course! Books!
15. How do you “dress” your toast? We haven’t had a toaster for some time now (don’t talk to me about it; it’s a sore subject). When I make toast, I like it to be golden brown and soaked in butter, though I’m sometimes in the mood for peanut butter, spread when the toast is still hot so it gets all melty…
16. How do you feel about snow? I dislike snow and the cold that comes with it.
17. What was the worst job you ever had? I lasted about three days as a temp filing schematic drawings at an engineering firm.
18. What song can you not stop listening to? There are a lot of songs I can listen to over and over.
19. Love your name or hate it? I have come to a kind of peace with it. I didn’t like it growing up – and I’m still not sure it suits me – but it is what it is.
20. How did you choose your blog/twitter handle? I’ve told my naming story many times – Kizz gave it to me when she opened her blog so she could tell stories about me using a pseudonym; it’s a riff on my real last name, and I love it.