I’m trying to figure out what to post about today. Part of me wants to do a “ten things that piss me off” post – it would practically write itself – but I’ve been there/done that, and frankly, I don’t want to give it any more of my energy. I was going to do a “ten things I saw on the internet that made me laugh” post, but I’m just not feeling it today. I do ten movie quotes for the school every Tuesday (I’m in charge of running the closing circle on Tuesdays, and I’ve made the movie quote thing a regular feature), but we’ve done a ton of movie quotes here. As I write this list, it occurs to me that I could do a list of ten things topics (what am I up to now, four?), but that seems kind of lame, doesn’t it?
I ended up at the grocery store this afternoon to buy some supplies for dinner, and my husband gave me some crap about the fact that we currently have five bottles of Alfredo sauce (in varying levels of fullness), so I’m inspired to write a list of ten things that I tend to buy in unreasonable quantities. Not exciting, I know, but it’s what I’ve got;
1. Alfredo sauce, duh. My family likes it on pasta, and I use it in my spinach artichoke dip, so I don’t mind having a bunch of it around. Besides, unless one opens the jar, it’ll keep just about forever.
2. Ketchup. Again with the “it’ll keep through the rapture,” and I can’t have hamburgers without it. I also use ketchup in a couple of key recipes (namely the crock pot BBQ beef and the BBQ chicken recipes, both very different sauces, but both based on good old Heinz ketchup), so I keep it in stock all year round.
3. Paper towels. This one’s a funny one, because I don’t USE paper towels very much, but I’ve always got a quantity of rolls in the basement.
4. I stay stocked up on body wash, but that’s mostly because I’m paranoid that Olay is going to discontinue the scent that I like (I’m cursed with having things I really like be discontinued; especially personal care products). I believe it’s true that I have 4 bottles of the stuff upstairs, and I grab a new bottle whenever I’m in the aisle at Target.
5. Protein bars. I’m working on trying to eat breakfast, and these seem a reasonable compromise between something I’ll eat in the morning and something that’s good for me. Since I keep a stash both at home and at school, I sometimes confuse my inventory in either spot and will end up with way more than I need.
6. Plastic bins. It’s gotten to the point where my beloved has forbidden me to buy any more storage bins. It’s not so much the bins that are the problem, but the lids; somehow, those fuckers multiply, because I have WAY more lids than I have bins…
7. I have no idea how I did it, but I have two copies of Patrick Stewart’s version of MacBeth. While I don’t see this as a problem, I do have to remind myself that I already have it (twice!) every time I see it in a bargain bin for $5.
8. Toilet paper, but really, is it possible to have too much toilet paper?
9. Lip balm. Once I find one I like, I want to have one in my desk at work, in my coat pocket, by my computer at home, in my car, by my bed, by the t.v. in the living room, in the bathroom…..
10. Pens. Like toilet paper, can one really have too many pens? I think not.