Boosted, as is my usual habit from Kwizgiver, who is awesome about supplying me with these things…
1. When you’re home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom? Pffft. I often don’t bother closing the door when my family is home as it is.
2. If you have to go grocery shopping, would you rather go alone or with someone? That depends on whether I’m doing a leisurely shopping or a stealth mission. If I’m going to browse, I’m happy to bring people with me, but if I need to get in, grab a gallon of milk and a pack of chicken breasts and get the hell out, I’d rather go on my own. Of course, the exception to that is bringing dedicated partners with me – if Bean or Punk or the Mister know what we need, we can do a pretty good divide and conquer mission.
3. It’s your best friends birthday, would you buy them a gift even though they didn’t buy you one for yours Of course!
4. You win the lottery. Lump sum or small payments over a period of time? Why? I think it depends on the financial benefit of one over the other. Honestly, it doesn’t really matter to me, as the funds will be handled the same way once they come to me, anyway.
5. Do you like your music loud or at a reasonable level? unless it’s intended to be background music – say for dinner or for Christmas Day – the louder, the better.
6. Are you a beach person or a snowy mountain person? well, neither, really… but if forced to choose, definitely the beach. May I have a cabana, please?
7. When do you brush your teeth? Morning and evening
8. Can you watch scary movies alone? I’m certainly CAPABLE, but I tend not to choose scary movies either way.
9. Soft bed or firm? And in fantasy land, who’s in it with you? Mr. Chili and I found the perfect compromise of soft and firm with a foam mattress topper, and I don’t need a fantasy land to have my perfect sleeping companion…
10. Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about? I have spent many happy days never having left the house, but there are some weekends when we look up on Sunday afternoon and decide that we have to get out for a bit.
11. What’s one of your worst memories (that you are comfortable sharing)? The horrible conflict of both wishing for and dreading my mother’s impending death.
12. Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational? I like to meet situations that need to be addressed, but I tend not to go out of my way to have confrontation.
13. Are you more likely to be with a large group of people or a few close friends? I function better in smaller, more intimate groups.
14. What are your plans for October? This is a weird question. I don’t have any plans that far out, beyond doing what I do every October; apple picking, getting acclimated to autumn, teaching, that sort of thing.
15. If money were not a problem, where would you like to live? Someplace far more temperate than here. I really like the DC area.
16. What is your ideal profession? I have it, thank you very much.
17. Are you (or were you) close to your Mom and Dad? Biologicals? Never. Adopted? Until the moment she drew her last breath.
18. What is one fear that you can’t seem to overcome? The dentist. Despite having found a really great one, I still respond viscerally, even to having to call to make an appointment.
19. Are you good at math? In fact, my lack of basic math skills are a joke in my school. Last year, I had a wiseass senior who would stroll up to me at random points during the week and say, “QUICK, Mrs. Chili! What’s 27 x 9?” and then delight in the look of horror that would create in my face. I finally got hip to him, though; one day, after he threw me a math problem, I retorted with, “QUICK, Mark! What’s a gerund!!”