Again, from the indomitable Kwizgiver. Seriously, you guys; if she ever stops publishing these things so regularly, I’m going to have to find a new schtick for Mondays.
1. Has there ever been anyone that now you regret meeting? Meeting? No. Spending my energy on? Absolutely.
2. What’s the last film you saw? Would you recommend it? We saw The Avengers this weekend. Since neither Mr. Chili nor I read comics as a kid (and the girls don’t read them now), I’m sure we missed out on a lot of the inside jokes, but the film was wonderfully accessible and a LOT of good fun.
3. Would you rather have roommates or live alone? Given the choice of alone or with roommates, I’d rather live alone. Having said that, however, I can’t imagine NOT sharing my life with my husband.
4. Do you like any of your friends a little more than just a friend? Some of my friends are family (though it seems these are fewer than I’d thought/hoped).
5. What’s a rather current song that you like? I heard this song on an insurance company commercial, and I kinda dig it.
7. If you found out that you were going to be a parent, what would you do? If you are one, tell us what the best parent of being a parent is. There are too many “best” things to list here. Right now, I’m really loving the evolving relationship I’m in with my maturing girls. I love being able to relate to them on a more equal level.
8. Do you give money to homeless people when they ask? No. I am so rarely in possession of actual cash that I’m a terrible person to ask for on-the-spot donations (I can’t put money in the cans the kids hold out in front of the stores for the same reason). If I lived somewhere with a significant homeless population, though, I’d do what Kizz does; every time she and her friends go out to eat, she boxes up everyone’s leftovers, even if they don’t want them. On her way home, she distributes the food to the homeless people she encounters on her way back to her apartment. I admire her for that.
9. A weekend in Las Vegas or Miami? Why? Miami. I’ve been to Vegas and I wasn’t impressed.
10. What was your reaction to the president supporting gay marriage? I’m delighted. It’s about time.
11. You are totally alone on a Saturday. What do you do? Play on the computer (well, blog and read and facebook, but all that counts as “playing”), read, tidy.
12. You have 3 months left to live, what is your bucket list? I would spend every waking moment with the people I love. I’d watch some movies. I’d try to laugh as much as possible.
13. You’re having a bad day, what one thing can make your day better? Mr. Chili being silly. Baking. Hugging my children, both biological and chosen.
14. Ever use a tanning bed? Never. They never held any allure for me. I literally never fell under the tanning spell.
15. Is there anything you would change about your body if you could? Of course, but this question didn’t ask me to specify what that might be…
16. You wake up in an unfamiliar place, what is your first reaction? I’m usually able to place myself while I’m in that hazy space between asleep and awake, so I’m never startled to find myself in a hotel room or our vacation spots.
17. Is there anything that you should be doing right now? there’s always something else I should be doing (this was Kwizgiver’s answer, but it’s mine, too). Right now, I should be trying to get to the bottom of my classes’ drop boxes and writing narratives. Progress report grades for quarter 4 are due on Friday.
18. At what age do you think that sex becomes less important? Why? I don’t think sex EVER becomes unimportant, but then again, I’ve never thought that sex was overly important, either…
19. What is your favorite breakfast food? That depends on my mood. I’m not a big breakfast person to begin with, so I’m kind of the wrong person to ask about this. When we go out to brunch, I like to see pastries, fresh fruit (especially melons and strawberries) and an omelet station
20. Your phone rings at 4am, who do you expect it to be? I have NO expectation at 4 am, though I would wonder who’s calling to tell me that someone is dead.