1. Have you felt that life is like being on a roller coaster? CONSTANTLY. Just when I think I’ve got a handle on shit, new shit comes up. I’d like a break, but I don’t see one coming anytime soon.
2. Favorite year so far? Ugh. I hate these questions. I make a concerted effort to be as happy as I can be where I am now.
3. Do you consider yourself religious? You’ve met me, right?
4. How do you dress to impress? When I’m feeling insecure, or when I’m going someplace fancy, I don nice clothes (usually a skirt and a blouse, though I do have some very pretty dresses), some pretty but comfortable shoes, and a little make-up. I’ll sometimes add something sparkly, but that depends on the occasion.
5. Have you ever been to Connecticut? Of course, though I’m mostly just passing through on my way to somewhere else.
6. Do you eat sushi? Never. I’m allergic to shellfish, and all fish makes me twtichy.
7. Would you smoke pot providing there was no risk or driving involved? Probably not. I tried it once when I was 34. It didn’t work, so I didn’t see the appeal.
8. What do you think of Idol Winner Phillip Phillips?? I am proud to say that I’ve never watched an episode of Idol, so I have no idea who this person is. He has an unfortunate name, though.
9. Do you believe that animals have souls? Of course they do!
10. Who did you last talk to? Share, if you dare. Why wouldn’t I dare? My house is full of beloved family – us, Bruder, and Cousin Adam from England – and we’ve been engaged in discussions about plans to meet the rest of the Clan Chili in Boston this afternoon.
11. What is one thing that always annoys you? Ignorance, especially the self-righteous kind.
12. Do you believe in a higher being? I can’t say that I do, though I DO believe that there’s more going on energetically than we’re conscious of. I don’t think of there being ONE ultimate being, though; I think we all make up a collective, and once we figure out how to work together, WE’LL be that being.
13. Have you ever fallen in love with a neighbor? Funny you should ask! Mr. Chili was the boy next door in the apartment building where I lived in my 20s.
14. Any plans for this weekend? As I mentioned earlier, we’re headed to Boston in a bit. My hope is to wander about and spend time with family, then duck out early enough to get home and do some laying around while Mr. Chili and Bruder enjoy a birthday baseball game at Fenway.
15. Would you like to rule your country, if you could? No. I’ve got an inkling of the boss’s job, and I don’t want it. I have no tolerance for the level of stupid and mean and scheming that one must put up with to be in charge.
16. Do you like watching films about the nature of animals? I do, especially when they’re done well. We watched bits and pieces of the Planet Earth program, and I heartily enjoyed that.
17. What’s the difference between lust and/or lust? I think someone screwed up on this question. Is it supposed to be “love and lust”? Love is long-term; lust is temporary.
18. Do you have a soul? Well, I’m a redhead, and I’m told we have no souls, but I know for sure that I do.
19. One best friend or many good friends? I try to strive for a balance, but that seems to be eluding me lately.
20. Do you believe in spontaneous combustion? I’ve watched too many Mythbusters to believe in spontaneous combustion; those boys have to work HARD to make things burst into flame. Then again, if the conditions are exactly right…..?