Boosted, with love and gratitude, from Kwizgiver.
1. Ocean or pool? Mr. Chili and I were just talking about this yesterday. My preferences, in order, are pool (heated, so much the better), then lake, then ocean. I’d much rather look at the ocean than swim in it.
2. Fridays or Ruby Tuesdays? Why isn’t Olive Garden a choice? Having to choose between these two, though, I’d go with Tuesday’s; I like the salad bar, and they have good burgers.
3. Did you want to go to college? Desperately. I didn’t have the money or the support when I got out of high school, though, so I had to wait until I was an adult, with the support of Mr. Chili, to get there.
4. What did you buy the last time you were at a mall? I followed through on my promise to buy pillows from JCPenney yesterday.
5. Which close friend have you known the longest? Mr. Chili has been the cornerstone of my life for 20 years. Wayfarer and I have been caring for each other for 22 years. O’Mama and I have been friends for going on 7 years now. I’ve known others for much longer, but we’re not particularly close.
6. Why do you like the music you do? Unlike Gerry, my first focus is lyrics. I like songs that mean something, and that evoke an emotional response from me through their words. Following that, I like a good beat.
7. Do you read much? I read all the time.
8. Favorite country? I don’t really have a favorite, never having been much out of the USA. Bermuda is lovely, though, and I’m very much looking forward to visiting England and Scotland next summer.
9. What is something you wish you were better at? Just ONE thing? How about “handling confrontation”? I am constantly frustrated by my tendency to cry at inopportune times.
10. What’s your favorite album/CD? That’s a really hard question to answer. I guess Billy Joel’s The Stranger, or something by the Indigo Girls or Peter Gabriel.
11. What’s a good dinner order? Where are we? What I order depends entirely on where we are.
12. Planes or boats? planes
13. One rumor that’s been spread about you: That I’m only interested in what you say if you agree with me.
14. Who is your newest friend? D3’s mother.
15. Have you ever sat on a rooftop? Of course. Not my own, mind you – our roofs are pretty steep – but I’ve been on top of houses, sheds, and barns.
16. Was your last text useful? Yes! I reminded D3 to bring her damned lunch to school, and she asked me to bring her backpack, which she’d left when she stayed overnight on Friday.
17. Favorite soda? Diet, caffeine free Coca-Cola. I don’t drink it much anymore, but when I drink soda, that’s what I choose.
18. Do you like yourself? Most days.
19. The worst weather: Hot or cold? Oh, by far, cold.
20. Do you play an instrument? Nope. I have a great sense of rhythm and I can tell when a note is off, but I don’t read music and have never played an instrument. I know how to work my iTunes, though – does that count? : )
Happy Monday, Everyone!