You know where I got it…
1. What was the last pill your doctor prescribed? Why? I filled a prescription for generic Valtrex to beat back my shingles (HERPES, Joe!) outbreak last week. I’ve got three more days on it.
2. How well do you swim? I can swim well enough to not drown, but I won’t win any races or points for style.
3. Who has a big mouth that you like? I loved George Carlin. I’m also mighty fond of both Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow, both of whom have been given the label by those who don’t like what they have to say.
4. Do you believe in political correctness? You know what? I don’t. I don’t like the dumbing- and watering down of language. I’m in favor of not being cruel, of course, but I don’t think that words in and of themselves are “good” or “bad.” Their power comes, I think, entirely from the intent of the person speaking them.
5. Do you ever patronize people? Sometimes, I do. I mean, hell. I used to teach high school; it’s hard not to be patronizing sometimes. I’m not proud of it, but there you have it.
6. Do you or someone you know strive constantly to be perfect? I don’t know if “perfect” is the right word, but “the best I can get” is fair. I’m not one to half-ass much.
7. What song are you totally sick of and why? There isn’t anything wearing me out right now, mostly because I’ve been listening to a lot of different sources for my music and nothing’s come up so often that it’s worn a groove in my brain.
8. How old were you when you got cocky? Or did you never go there? I don’t know if I’ve ever been “cocky,” though I did manage to develop a (life saving) confidence in myself when I was a teenager. It falters now and again, but it’s still there.
9. When you compete with someone, have you ever gotten hostile? I’m not a particularly competitive person by nature; I tend to be much more collaborative than competitive.