Boosted from Kwizgiver, who’s currently living in a dorm…
1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you get? Oh, probably something terrible for me; a diet Coke, some Sun Chips (French onion, if they have them; Doritos if they don’t), a bag of honey roasted peanuts, and some gum, sugarless, probably wintergreen or spearmint.
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be? Something lovely and colorful; a starfish or an anemone.
3. Who’s your favorite redhead? My husband, my daughters, and me!
4. What do you order when you’re at IHOP? I usually get the French toast with blueberry compote.
5. Last book you read? I’m making my way through Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. The last book I READ (past tense) was The Drums of Autumn. I’m in the middle of The Fiery Cross right now.
6. Describe your mood. I’m having a hard time describing my mood just now. I’m annoyed with someone over something I have zero control over (so I’m trying to figure out how to behave the next time I see him), I’m anxious about not finding work in September, I’m itchy to have a plan, but I’m happy to be home right now with nothing immediately pressing on me. Confused; I guess my mood would best be described as “confused.”
7. Describe the last time you were injured. It’s been a while. I cracked my shin a good one against the bed frame the other day, but that’s about the extent of my recent injuries.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with? My husband, of course; he’d figure a way out
9. Rock concert or symphony? That depends entirely on my mood. Right now, I think rock concert, though a symphony might be more in line with the kind of energy I need.
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone? The number? (We’ll just say “hi” – promise.) My iris is my wallpaper, and I can’t bring myself to change it (so I change the wallpaper on my iPad fairly regularly to make up for it). Those who should have my number do have my number.
11. Favorite soda? Diet, caffeine-free Coca-Cola, though I’ve successfully managed to make soda an occasional indulgence; I drink much more tea than anything else.
12. What type of shirt are you wearing? This one
13. If you could only use one form of transportation? My little VW Golf. I love that car.
14. Most recent movie you have watched in theater? The last thing we saw in the theatres was Brave.
15. Name an actor/actress/singer you have had the hots for. I like a lot of different performers for a lot of different reasons; their relative “hotness” is generally not one of them.
16. What’s your favorite kind of cake? I’m fond of yellow cake with chocolate frosting, most of the time. It’s a nostalgia thing.
17. What did you have for dinner last night? We discovered that PF Chang makes frozen dinners for two, and last night’s choice (and our favorite of the varieties we’ve had so far) was the sweet and sour chicken. I bought a rice cooker (seriously; some of the best $20 bucks I’ve ever spent) and there’s a convenient Asian market nearby, so I’ve got easy sticky rice and yummy veggie dumplings (which steam as the rice cooks) to go with the easy, dump-in-the-pan-and-heat-it-up chicken. Much yumminess.
18. Look to your left, what do you see? my printer (upon which is piled a lot of stuff I need to organize today)
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Though I have very few shoes with laces, I generally don’t untie them when I take them off; I untie them before I put them on.
20. Favorite toy as a child? Baby dolls. I loved baby dolls.
21. Do you buy your own groceries? Exactly who else would buy them for me? To be fair, Mr. Chili DOES stop by the market on his way home from work if we need anything, but I’m generally the one who does the focused shopping.
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back? I know they do.
23. When was the last time you had gummy worms? March. Bean wanted a dirt cake for her birthday party, and I often include gummy worms. I usually only suffer a bite of one, though; the always seem like they’d be tastier than they really are.
24. What’s your favorite fruit? I love nearly every fruit. Cantaloupe, cherries, peaches (I adore peaches), watermelon, strawberries, and blueberries are my favorite summer fruit. I love apples, too – especially Granny Smiths – but I tend only to eat them in the cooler weather. The only fruit I really don’t love are bananas.
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel? I don’t. In fact, the number of photographs I have of myself under the age of about 25 I can count on one hand. My biological said she destroyed all of my childhood pictures. I can still do a cartwheel, though; if I wanted a photo of such a thing, I could have one.