1. 83; the number of houseplants that live at Chez Chili. Several of them are enjoying summer vacation on the back and front decks, and I suppose I COULD up my count to 85 if I include the two plants that are sharing pots with two of the ficus trees, but I have 83 separate plants living in their own pots. Phew!
2. 4; number of rejections I received from job applications last week.
3. 1; number of applications I have out that have yet to be rejected. This last hope is a one-year, temporary position at a high school, but I’ll take it if they offer it to me.
4. 2; the number of classes I’ll take at Local U. in September if I don’t find full-time work.
5. 11; the number of days until we make our annual haj to the lake. I honestly didn’t think we’d do the vacation with the parents again – last year was a little…. tense… – but we’re booked and ready to go.
6. 3; the number of paychecks I still have coming from CHS. On my to-do list is to apply for unemployment benefits. Oy.
7. 3; the number of bottles of ketchup I have on the basement steps. I noticed we were running low on ketchup the other day when I dug all the condiments out of the fridge for burgers, so I grabbed a double-pack when I was in the market today not knowing that I already had one in reserve. Oh, well…
8. 707; the page (out of 1443) in The Fiery Cross where I stopped reading this morning.
9. 0; the number of loads of laundry waiting to be processed. I managed to get through all the clothes that were in the basement, though I believe I have a load of sheets in the drier waiting to be folded and put away.
10. 5; the number of days until we will likely see The Dark Knight Rises. Punk gets a free day from band camp on Sunday, so we were thinking of signing her out and heading for a matinee, though she said she was looking forward to burgers at home for dinner.