Kwizgiver tagged me for an award.
Here are the details:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers … and is a sneaky way to get to know the person behind the blog.
According to him:
Liebster is a German word which means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
- Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post. Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- Remember, no tag backs.
So, here are 11 things about me:
1. I parallel park like a boss. First time, every time. I feel a strange surge of badass whenever I parallel park, so sometimes I look for a street spot just because I can. So much the better if someone’s watching.
2. I am sometimes ashamed by the things that I find funny.
3. I like sparkly things and am often mesmerized by the sight of my engagement ring in the sunshine.
4. I do not have an addictive personality and can, in fact, eat just one French fry or one square of chocolate. I have never eaten a whole container of ice cream in one sitting, either, and though I will admit to having trouble with just one potato chip, I can pour out a small bowl and be content with that; I don’t need the whole bag.
5. I am very sensitive and often take things too personally. My whole life, I’ve been told I “care too much.” I call bullshit on that; I think we need more people who care more, not fewer.
6. I am able to keep a veritable jungle of house plants alive and happy, but I’m not the least bit interested in outdoor gardening. In fact, the closest I get to outdoor gardening is putting my houseplants out on the decks for summer vacation.
7. I do not understand the appeal of Johnny Depp.
8. At 43, I can still do a cartwheel, a back bend, and a headstand. I’m working on being able to do a handstand, too, but I’m not quite there yet; I am strong enough to hold myself up with no problem, but I still haven’t found my balance point. I have seen my x-rays and know it’s impossible for me to do a split; my leg bones hit my hip bones before 90°.
9. I am sometimes stunned by the stupid little things that irritate me. Dirty clothes go IN the hamper, not on the floor in FRONT of the hamper. Turn off your fucking blinker, already. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, for the love of all that is good in the world, PLEASE STOP TALKING!
10. I will put colored polish on my toe nails, but I almost never use anything but clear polish on my finger nails. While I’m not especially fussy about how I look (I don’t regularly wear make-up, for example), I am strangely fussy about how my hands look. One chip on one nail, and the whole manicure is doomed.
11. I think we need more honestly, loyalty, and compassion in our culture.
Here are the questions Kwizgiver asked:
- What is your favorite genre to read? –
I’m fond of historical fiction. Most of my all-time favorite books (Outlander, The Book Thief, Kindred) are historical fiction.
- How often do you read for pleasure? –
As often as possible.
- Do you ever read books in your least favorite genre? –
Not really. I have read a few “self help” books, but not many
- Do you snack when you read? –
Not usually, no, though I always have something to drink close at hand.
- What do you do when you’re in a reading slump? –
Watch movies, generally, though most of my reading “slumps” have come during periods of increased activity at work or at home, so I’m often doing other things.
- Are you easy to talk into doing something out of the ordinary? –
That depends on what it is. If it’s something I have interest in, then yes. If you’re trying to convince me to jump off of a bridge while attached to a giant rubber band, then no.
- Do you follow a daily routine? –
A loose one, yes. I’m flexible enough that a change or break in the routine doesn’t upset me.
- Where do you keep your keys? –
When I’m home, my keys live in the console of my car (I park in the garage). When I’m out, the keys go in my right jacket pocket (if I’m wearing a jacket) or my right front pants pocket (if my pants have pockets). Last resort, they’re clipped to my wallet.
- What is your favorite song featuring a banjo? –
The Rainbow Connection
- Do you drink bottled water? –
Rarely. I bought myself a HydroFlask thermos bottle a while ago, and I tote that all over the place filled with tea. I keep a Brita filter on the counter for water at home, though water straight from our tap is perfectly potable.
- How old is your blog? –
I started blogging on August 21st, 2005, so it’s almost 7.
Though I love BEING tagged, I don’t love tagging. In the spirit of the award, though, here are 11 questions you can answer (or not). If you choose to play along, link in the comments so we can go and find out about you.
1. What’s your superpower? What do you do easily and well?
2. Tell us the story behind something you keep at your desk.
3. Describe a scent you’re fond of, and tell us why.
4. What are you reading? Are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it?
5. What’s your favorite “comfort food”?
6. Do you have any strange talents? Can you wiggle your ears or ride a unicycle or do a back flip?
7. If you could say anything to any one person without fear of reprisal, what would you say?
8. Is there a particular shape, image, animal, or symbol that you’re drawn to? Do you know why that thing resonates for you?
9. You find yourself with a free afternoon. How do you fill it?
10. What’s one thing you wish you did better or more confidently?
11. What do you value in friends? What energy do you think is most important?