Today, I’m happy for a nice, clean car. I took an hour and a half or so to clean the hell out of it this afternoon. She’s vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed, freshened and organized. Now I should take her to get a bath, but I’m not sure I’m up for it. How about a meme instead? Boosted, as always and with love, from Kwizgiver:
1. You have been awarded the time off from work and an all-expenses paid week anywhere in the United States. The catch is that it must be somewhere you have not been before. Where do you choose to visit? Hawaii. I’ve always wanted to go, and it’s a spot I’m not sure I’ll ever get to on my own.
2. Name three of your guilty pleasures. Chocolate, Pinterest, and reading in bed.
3. The best kind of Girl Scout Cookie is: the Samoas. Keebler just came out with a knock-off that’s pretty damned good.
4. What do you value most in other people? Honesty, constancy, humor.
5. Be honest. Do you sneak some raw cookie dough when you’re baking cookies? Doesn’t everyone? The truth is, though, that I don’t make the chocolate chip cookies in my family; Mr. Chili does, and he always brings over one little lump of cookie dough for each of us, though I have to admit that I much prefer them hot out of the oven over cold out of the bowl.
6. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise?! All the time. That doesn’t make going through it any easier, though.
7. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever visited? Bermuda. Pink sand, turquoise water… sigh…
8. Are you more of a thinker or a feeler? I do not think those things are mutually exclusive; I do both all the time.
9. Name three things you are thankful for right now. My husband (pretty much a sure thing for this question), the internet (and, by extension, iPhones), and green tea.
10. Have you ever participated in a three-legged race? A really, REALLY long time ago.
11. When you are at an event that plays the National Anthem, do you place your hand over your heart? No. I stand and fold my hands behind my back.
12. What kind of work do you do? I WAS an English teacher. Now I am an unemployed English teacher who’s moonlighting as a full-time mother (and soon to be part-time student).
13. During the course of your lifetime, which job or career has been your favorite
or most fulfilling? I love, love, love teaching.
14. Do you think it’s necessary in your life to have a day-to-day “career” that is meaningful and service-oriented or do you function better in “just a job” with a steady paycheck? a career is much more meaningful. I’m finding out exactly HOW meaningful now that I don’t have it.
15. Was there ever a time in your life when you wanted to stay home with your children instead of working, even if it meant less money in the household? I did stay home with my children when they were little. In fact, though, it was the smart financial move; Mr. Chili figured out that we’d be paying more in childcare than I would likely be earning, so my staying home was win-win.
16. Tell us your worst boss story. Yeah… it’s too soon.
17. Have your ever been the boss? I am a mom and have been a classroom teacher, so I’ve been that kind of boss. I’ve not had to manage employees, though, if that’s what’s meant by this question.
18. What is your dream occupation? The job I had – will have again – is pretty close to perfect for me. My mentor planted the idea that I might like to become a teacher mentor myself and work in teacher education, and she might be right, but for now, I just want to get back into the classroom…