Stolen, with love and a hearty “WELCOME BACK TO BLOGGING; I’VE MISSED YOU!” from Morgan!
1. What was the last clothing item that you bought? A couple of weeks ago, I bought a few pairs of jeans from Saver’s. I tried them all on and they all fit, but I’m finding that spending more time in a couple of them than I spent in the fitting booth reveals that they’re not quite as comfortable as I thought they’d be. I’m not too broken up about it, though; I think the most I paid for any of them was 7 bucks (and the least was $3).
2. If you could stay one age forever, what age would you choose? Once I got past my 20’s, my life got really, really good. I don’t think I could really pick any age to stay with; the one I’m in is always perfectly satisfactory.
3. When you say “lol”, are you really laughing? I don’t use lol; I usually write “AH, hahahahah!” or “bwahahahaha!” and in either case, yes; I’m really laughing.
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve done in the past year? I’m really not that interesting. I’m writing a seminar paper on DOMA, which is taking up much of my time and intellectual energy, but I’m not sure I’d qualify it as ‘interesting.’
5. If you started a business, what would it be? I flirted for a while with the idea of opening a dessert catering business.
6. Do your friends/family/coworkers know about your blog? A number of people in my real life know that I blog. A few super-trusted blog friends know me in real life, too. My veil of anonymity is pretty thin, but I work to maintain it because I need it to be able to write what I think, regardless of how others might feel about it.
7. How long does it take you to write an average blog post? That depends. If there’s something I’m hot about, I can write a post in 20 minutes. If I’m uninspired, though, it can take me all day of leaving and coming back to get anything down.
8. How do you keep up with the blogs you follow? I use the google feed reader. I need to clean it out, though; I think I’ve outgrown the lolcats.
9. What is your bedtime? Is sex always involved? I’m usually heading bedward somewhere in the 9:00 range (earlier as the days grow shorter). There’s always reading involved, but not always sex.
10. Introvert or extrovert? I’m an extrovert with occasional acute attacks of introvert. It all depends on my confidence level at the moment.
11. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is unanticipated loss. I can deal with death I know is coming, but car crashes, heart attacks, and the like haunt my nightmares.
12. What is the best job you ever had? I love teaching. LOVE it. I can’t wait to get back into the classroom.
13. Dog person/cat person/both/neither? I’m torn about this one. I love my cat (and loved having multiples when we did). I also love the bond that one can form with a dog that one rarely (not never, but rarely) forms with cats, but I’m too lazy to own a dog (the idea of walking a dog in New England winters is just too much for me), so cats it is.
14. If you had $1,000 to spend any way you wanted, what would you do with it? The holidays are coming, and both my children want electronica; Bean wants a phone and Punk wants a computer. An extra grand would go toward those things.
15. How do you “dress” your toast? I had toast for breakfast this morning! We found a delightful, crunchy, whole grain bread that we love, and it makes fantastic toast. I just slathered it with butter (thereby diminishing, I’m sure, any nutritional value the bread may have had) because I only had one piece. If I’d had two, the other would have gotten a good spread of Stonewall Kitchen’s sour cherry jam. Mmmmmm!
16. How do you feel about snow? I have a complicated relationship with snow. I’m always excited for the first snowfall, and I have to admit to a secret love of a good blizzard, but I really only like snow if I don’t have to be out in it. It makes people stupid (they either overcompensate and start driving like a grandmother or they don’t heed conditions and put everyone else at risk), it’s cold, and it’s messy. If I get to stay home and watch it out my windows, though, I kinda love it.
17. What was the worst job you ever had? I worked for exactly ONE day as a document filer at a manufacturing firm. Fortunately, I was working with a temp agency, so I could call that night to tell them not to send me back.
18. What song can you not stop listening to? There are a lot of songs that I’ll listen to over and over. Stuff from Billy Joel, Rush, Genesis, that sort of thing.
19. Love your name or hate it? I’m pretty neutral about it. It’s not a common name – the only other person who has it in my immediate circle is a check-out lady at the grocery store – but I’m not entirely sure it suits me.
20. How did you choose your blog/twitter handle?
*I* didn’t; Kizz
did. She started blogging long before I did, and she needed a pseudonym by which to refer to me. She came up with Chili
as a riff on my last name and my personality. I loved it and kept it for my own.