I’m uninspired. As a consequence, you get a list of ten things I did today:
1. I taught a strength class. On Tuesdays, I teach a 7:30-8:45 a.m. strength and stretch class at the University. Today’s class was particularly good, I think; I took some time this weekend and put together a play list that timed out each of the different exercises we do. I suspect I’m going to regret all those lunges tomorrow.
2. I went to the Life is Good store and was disappointed. A while ago, someone decided to steal the magnet I made of a sticker of Jake in lotus pose (which, ironically, is very un-yogic and inviting of negative karma).
My hope was to go to the store to buy another one but, alas, they didn’t have it. The boy behind the counter rather unhelpfully suggested I “try the internet.” Sweetie, you don’t think I did that FIRST?!
3. I had lunch with a friend whom I’ve not seen in a long time, and we managed not to talk about something I really didn’t want to get into. I call that a win.
4. I made plans to have lunch with O’Mama tomorrow. I’m very much looking forward to that.
5. I did three loads of laundry while trying to find the pieces to Bean’s “away” field hockey uniform. I practically killed myself looking for the damned skirt, which she failed to tell me she had in her bag. I DID manage to come up with the top and BOTH socks (that was a near thing, let me tell you!). It was all for naught, though; silly noodle forgot her cleats at home.
6. I took Punk to see her counselor. She’s not been in over a year, but she decided to start going back once a month or so, just to have someone to check in with.
7. I had GREAT bridge karma on the way home. There’s a bridge over the bay that jams up every night at rush hour. There’s no earthly reason for it to back up; there’s never an accident on the thing, it’s just that people can’t maintain a constant speed over the rise and, as a result, something we call an “oh, shit ripple” develops that can stretch back literally for miles. Punk and I hit the bridge at nearly 5:00, which is high season for the oh, shit ripple, but we sailed right over the bridge. Which was a good thing, too, because…
8. I had to make Punk a quick grilled cheese and soup dinner so I could ….
9. … take Punk to band practice. Her dad will pick her up; by the time practice is over, Mom’s in her jammies.
10. I got a little farther in Pillars of the Earth. I’m still not sure if I like it enough to make it to the end, though; I’m jonesing to read a couple of other books, so I may end up setting this one aside for a bit.
What did YOU do today?