The obligatory thankful post.
1. I am deeply, profoundly, wordlessly grateful for my husband. He loves me in a way that makes me feel real, and I never expected to be as happy as I am.
2. I am thankful for my beautiful, healthy, wonderful daughters (all of them) and the relationships that we share.
3. There are a lot of really wonderful people in my life who call me friend, who offer me love and compassion, and who remind me over and over that they are there for me. I am humbled that such remarkable people think enough of me to give me that much of themselves. I’m not going to name names, but you know who you are.
4. I am also deeply grateful to the people who come here, who challenge me to think and to question, and who offer me their support and encouragement. This space is a big part of my life, and I’m thankful that you make it a part of yours, too.
5. I am thankful for the things I have in my life: a beautiful, warm, comfortable home; a fun, reliable vehicle; good food; warm clothes; vacations; entertainment. I have a lot and I’m aware of my privilege.
6. I am healthy. I can use my body in the ways that I want to. My mind is sharp and agile, and I can use that, too. I am aware that a lot of people don’t enjoy those riches.
7. I am crazy in love with technology. The internet delights me, I love my cell phone, and I’m completely enamored of indoor plumbing and central heating. I pause every once in a while to offer up gratitude for the fact that I can flip a switch and have light in the darkness, or turn a knob and have safe, clean drinking water.
8. I am grateful to the people who do jobs that I can’t (or would prefer not to). I love my mechanic. I have wonderful physicians. My mail delivery people and my trash collection people and my daughters’ teachers all rock my world. I try to be aware of all the people who work to provide all the things we all enjoy.
9. I am grateful for the many things that make me think. I get a lot of really great information from a lot of really smart people, and I’m honored that they share that knowledge with me.
10. I’m grateful for chocolate. Duh.