It’s a quick one today; I’ve got stuff to do. Thanks, Kwizgiver, for the fix!
1) Are you still feasting on cold turkey, or any other leftovers, from your Thanksgiving meal? I wouldn’t say “feasting,” but “nibbling” is a fair assessment. We didn’t take that much home this year, and I may end up roasting a little turkey breast for sandwiches next weekend.
2) AAA says Thanksgiving is a big travel weekend. Did you venture far from home for your holiday dinner? No; the Senior Chilis live in the next town over. We traveled all of about 6 minutes.
3) Is this weekend the official start of the Christmas season for you? Not really. For me, the season begins when the tree goes up, and that won’t happen until the weekend after this one coming (which will feature Gramma’s memorial service).
4) Which couple would you rather hang out with — Fred and Wilma Flintstone or George and Jane Jetson? Neither, but I would like to spend an afternoon with Neil Degrasse Tyson.
5) Have you/would you ever get your teeth whitened? I never have and, beyond an occasional tube of whitening toothpaste that happens to be on sale, I likely never will.
6) Do you still have your high school class ring? I do, but I literally never wear it. It will be something my kids don’t know what to do with after I die.
7) Here’s $50. You must spend it all in one place. What are you going to do with it? I’m going to my favorite local bookstore. Duh!
8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right about now? She’s not so much dirty on the outside as she needs a good, thorough vacuuming on the inside. Autumn and winter are dirty seasons around here; there’s a lot of grit and leaves and such all over the place, and deep wells in the soles of warm shoes and boots that like to deposit such things in places where they’re not wanted.
9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning? This morning, instead of grumbling about him, we were grateful for Toeses and his annoying habit of yelling first thing in the morning. Mama forgot to turn her alarm back on after the long weekend, and Punk turned hers off and went back to sleep, so the only reason the family got out the door in time today was that Toeses did his morning yelling.
Happy Monday, Everyone. I hope it’s a good one.