Boosted from Kwizgiver, as per my usual. Thanks, Honey.
1) What’s the first holiday song that comes to mind? “Good King Wenceslas”–because Sheldon sang it on Big Bang Theory (this is Kwizgiver’s answer, but it’s mine, too, and for exactly the same reason. “Oh, but there are three more verses!!”).
2) Are you sending cards (either by postal service or email) this year? If so, have they gone out yet? Bowyer kind of talked me into sending cards this year. I sent a couple out this afternoon when I mailed my condolences to the Sandy Hook school district and Fire and Rescue (PO Box 3700, Newtown, CT 06470). I’ll write some more tomorrow.
3) Can you see any holiday decorations from where you’re answering these questions? It’s hard to miss the 13-foot tree.
4) Do you wrap gifts in paper or take the gift bag route? Both. I tend to do more wrapping than bagging, but I have a good collection of bags this year, so that may shift a bit. As I’m thinking of it, though, I have a lot of regularly-shaped packages, and those get wrapped; it’s the weirdly-shaped ones that get bags.
5) The holidays are an important fundraising time for charities. Here’s an opportunity to do a shameless plug for your favorite. What organization or cause do you wish got more support at the holidays, and all year around? I’m renewing my association with Planned Parenthood and The Human Rights Campaign. I’ll likely also pony up a donation to the two Sandy disasters, both natural and man-made.
6) Andy Williams was famous for his family holiday specials. What TV family would most like to spend Christmas with? Huh; this is a hard one, since I’m not terribly familiar with holiday specials. Maybe one of the families from Love, Actually?
7) The holidays are a big time for travel. Where did you go on your first airplane flight? My first airplane flight was to Florida when I was 11. My grandmother wanted to go to Disney (for her, not so much for us kids), and my family arranged a group vacation. If I’m remembering correctly, it was pretty much the only vacation we ever took, and it was a tense affair.
8) Does the weather have an impact on your mood? Only if my mood is off; if I’m feeling happy, it doesn’t really doesn’t matter what the weather’s doing.
9) Snack time! You’re about to make yourself your favorite sandwich. What ingredients do you need? It’s a toss-up between grilled mozzarella (with garlic salt on the bread) or a turkey dinner sandwich.