Since tomorrow is Christmas, and I’m likely not going to want to take time to post a TTT, I’m going to do it today. You get Chili Holiday Randomness!
1. The prime rib I ordered is nearly 11 pounds and BARELY fits into the pan in which I intend to cook it. I’m going to have to put the sucker in the oven (at 200°) at 7 am if I want it done by 1:30.
2. We’ll be 11 at dinner tomorrow; we four Chilis, Bruder, Mother and Father, Bowyer and the boys, and Martin, his wife Nancy, and her daughter. I’m so looking forward to sharing my home with these people!
3. In addition to the prime rib, there’ll be a turkey breast (Dad would prefer turkey, I think; he’s got a fussy tummy) and pasta in a roasted garlic parmesan cream sauce (for Bruder, who is a veggie-saurus). These choices will be accompanied by brown sugar carrots, smashed red potatoes with garlic, green beans, and creamed onions. I’m also planning on putting together a batch of pull-apart rolls, but we’ll see how tonight goes.
Edited to include; I put them together, and they are glorious.
4. Desserts will be Mother’s plum pudding (requested by Martin, who remembers such things fondly from his childhood), Oreo truffles, shortbread, and an absolutely gorgeous dark chocolate cheesecake.
5. Auntie and The Girl are coming in the morning. The girls have to get their Nerf guns ready for the annual Christmas Morning skirmish.
7. As I write this (9:00 at night), Mr. Chili is wrapping presents in the family room. How this last minute stuff doesn’t stress him right out is beyond me.
8. I haven’t yet determined whether the girls are still writing Santa letters. I hope they are.
9. According to my iTunes info, I have 17.7 hours of holiday music (and that doesn’t include all the nuns and monks I’ve got stashed in there). That ought to do nicely.
10. I offer you my deepest, most heartfelt wishes for a safe, joyful, and contented holiday. I hope it’s even better than you wish for.