Ten things I did – and didn’t do – on our mini-vacation:
1. I DIDN’T bring my fitbit. I left her charging at home; I’ll hook myself back up tomorrow.
2. I DID do some reading. I’m about halfway through The Rage by Gene Kerrigan; I heard about it on Fresh Air on NPR, and I’m enjoying it quite a lot.
3. I DID enjoy a movie. The family went to see Warm Bodies, a strange mix of zombie film and romantic comedy that turned out to be just as sweet as the previews led us to believe. I don’t think it requires a theatre screen for full enjoyment, but it was a lovely way to spend part of an afternoon.
4. I DID get a date with my husband. We went out for a light supper and some good conversation.
5. I DID go down a few water slides, I DID get my hair wet, and I DIDN’T get water up my nose.
6. I DIDN’T do a whole lot of exercising, but I’m not going to beat myself up about that because…
7. I DIDN’T go overboard at the table. I’m sure I took in more calories than I needed, but I didn’t take in so many that I’m worried I sabotaged myself.
8. I DIDN’T get my favorite dish at The Cheesecake Factory, and I’m a little disappointed about that. I guess I’ll have to make it myself at home.
9. I DIDN’T get my nails done. The girls and I tried to get mani-pedis at the salon in the hotel this morning. Even though the sign on the door said “open,” the place was locked up tight. I’m going to have to make us some appointments at the local spa later this week.
10. I DID wish that we could have gotten properly away – preferably to someplace warm – but the trip was a nice distraction