This is a slam-dunk for a Ten Things Tuesday
1. As I compose this (for later publication), I’m inhaling the scents of my homemade spaghetti sauce and some toasting garlic bread (and yes, I’m counting these as one thing; we shouldn’t have one without the other).
2. There are currently two boxes of fresh strawberries sitting on my counter, awaiting washing and gluttonous consumption. I’m going to add to this pretty much any fruit, but especially watermelon, cantaloupe, cherries, and peaches so ripe and juicy they need to be eaten over the sink.
3. You all know I stockpile chocolate, right?
4. Pizza, in pretty much any of its manifestations, is one of my all-time favorites. I like local places best (Weeksie’s and Papa Gino’s are my favorites – and yes, I’m counting Papa Gino’s as a local place because they originated in New England – but I’m fond of La Festa and Wildcat, too). I can enjoy some chain pizza – Bertucci’s comes to mind, but I kind of overdosed on Pizza Hut when I worked there all through high school. And I know it’s kind of boring, but my favorite is just plain cheese.
5. Believe it or not, I really love a good salad. There’s a local place at L.U. that makes a crispy chicken salad that I crave regularly. I think it might be the dressing…
6. A good steak is a sublime experience. I could never be a vegetarian.
7. Toasted bread with melted butter. Toasted English muffins with melted butter. Hell; toasted anything with melted butter…
8. Our local grocery store carries a chocolate and peanut butter ice cream that is astonishingly good.
9. Sometimes, I just have to have Lay’s potato chips. Little crispy bits of salty goodness. Mmmmm.
10. I could eat (and, in fact, have eaten) a whole bowl of mushrooms and onions sauteed in a little butter. Yum.
What do YOU love to eat?