Ten lake things:
1. This may be our last year at this particular house. The gentleman who owns it is selling, and it may be in different hands come next year. Mr. Chili is deeply saddened by this.
2. The weather has been perfect. Hot, sunny, with just a hint of a breeze. We’ve spent a lot of time in the water.
3. Bruder rented a boat. As I write this, the Chili girls, the Bowyer boys (along with Bowyer himself), Nature Girl, and Sweet Pea are out with Mr. Chili and Bruder taking turns getting hauled around on the tube (and, I bet, Bruder is entertaining himself trying to ditch them (Beanie got ASTONISHING air during one her runs yesterday afternoon. Girlfriend got at least 10 feet off the surface of the water. Luckily, she had the presence of mind to let go and prepare herself for her landing. When she resurfaced, her first exclamation was something to the effect of, “that was AWESOME!” Sadly, I did not get it on video.
4. The visit with the extended family has gone remarkably well thus far. I’m not going to jinx it by elaborating, but suffice to say that I’ve only had to walk away from Mother once.
5. Auntie and The Girl came up the stay the first night we were here, and Auntie will be back later in the week (though I’m hoping she can bring The Girl with her, TG’s availability remains in question).
6. While I’m not obsessing about my fitness routine while I’m here, I have been reasonably good. I’ve been active for at least part of every day, and I haven’t spent the whole vacation eating (though I’ve had ice cream every time it’s been offered to me, most of the snacks I packed for this trip were some sort of fruit). I left the fitbit at home.
7. I have to return to Chez Chili on Thursday to bring Toeses to his check-up where, hopefully, he can have his boo-boo bandage taken off for good. Marc (aka Bowyer) has been taking care of him while we’ve been away, and reports that there was a battle of wills over Toeses taking his pill. Uncle Marc won. This does not surprise me.
8. We saw the Mount Washington today. We weren’t sure she was running, as we didn’t see her all weekend, but she motored past our little cove this morning.
9. If tradition holds, there’ll be a community concert in downtown Wolfeboro tomorrow night. I’m kinda looking forward to it.
10. I needed this break. So far, I’m really enjoying myself, and I’m planning to do everything I can to see to it that continues.