Mr. Chili and I are going Down the Cape tomorrow morning. Our plan is to make our leisurely way to that part of the world, eat local pizza, and see Vertical Horizon, Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Fastball, and the Gin Blossoms in the evening. Here, then, are 10 songs I hope I hear:
1. There is literally nothing in the Vertical Horizon catalog that I do not love. I’ve had One of You in my head for a while now, though,
2. and I’m especially fond of Middle Ground,
3. and Save Me From Myself.
4. Found Out About You is my favorite Gin Blossoms song (it’s on several of my walk/run playlists), but I also like
5. Hey, Jealousy.
6. Smash Mouth is just non-stop fun. I’ve had Road Man in my head for a really, really long time, but Mr. Chili has been singing
7. All Star for a couple of weeks.
8. I’m not really familiar with Sugar Ray’s catalog, though we saw them a few years ago when they opened for Matchbox 20. I really like When It’s Over, though.
9. I’m even less familiar with Fastball’s work, but I know I like Out of My Head.
10. and I kind of love The Way.