Have I done this before? Ten things I don’t do:
1. I don’t drink to excess, smoke, or take illicit drugs.
2. I don’t go hiking or camping. Yeah, yeah; if you enjoy it, I’m happy for you. I don’t enjoy it, so I don’t go; more nature for you.
3. I don’t wear makeup unless it’s a special occasion (or I’m nervous and feeling insecure).
4. I don’t wear high heels. My only pair of “fancy shoes” sport 1-inch heels.
5. I don’t ski or generally partake in other winter sports. I really dislike the cold, and the idea of going out to play in it doesn’t appeal at all.
6. I don’t eat fish. I’m allergic to shellfish, but all fish kinda scares me. I can be convinced to eat a tuna salad sandwich every so often, but that’s it. As a consequence, I have exactly no idea how to cook fish.
7. I don’t take care of people who are vomiting. Anything else? I’m your girl. I’ve been the first person on the scene of two pretty horrific car accidents (one of which proved fatal for one of the passengers), a student had a seizure in my class (and another attempted suicide on campus and came to me for aid), I helped my mother die of cancer, and my kids have come to me with mouths full of blood after knocking teeth out; I’m okay with all of that, as long as nobody pukes.
8. I don’t drink coffee. Love the smell, hate the taste. As a consequence of that, I have no idea how to make a good cup of coffee.
9. I don’t wear red or yellow. Both colors have a really unpleasant effect on me (let’s just say that I have a pretty good idea of what I’ll look like when I’m dead).
10. This last one’s a two-fer: I don’t sunbathe (I can burn myself sick in half an hour. Trust me; I’ve done it) and I don’t blow-dry my hair, ever (to do so would result in a cloud of red frizz that would amaze and horrify).
What about you? What don’t YOU do?