I boosted these questions from My Random Randomness.
1) What would be your best achievement to date?
I would have to say that my family is my greatest achievement. I have a ridiculously happy and healthy family; my marriage is strong and stable, and I have excellent relationships with my teenaged daughters. I did not have this as a kid, and it was my goal in life to make up for that as an adult. I’ve done it, and I’m incredibly proud of that.
2) Do you prefer baths or showers?
I much prefer showers, preferably long, hot ones with nice-smelling products that leave me feeling clean and soft. I don’t eschew baths, I just tend not to take them unless I really need to relax and unplug (or it’s the middle of winter and I just can’t get warm).
3) Do you prefer towel drying, blow drying or natural drying your hair?
My hair air-dries. Fluffing with a towel if it’s anything but dripping wet or coming anywhere near it with a hair drier is a recipe for an alarming mass of unruly frizz.
4) Have you ever built a snowman?
I live in New England. It’s kind of a yearly prerequisite.
5) Have you ever been sledding?
See question #4.
6) Have you ever flown a kite?
I have, but I’m not very good at it. Mr. Chili flies stunt kites, and while I can keep them in the air, I don’t have the knack for making them do all the loops and tricks that he can.
7) What colour socks are you wearing?
It’s August. My feet are bare.
8) If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
For all that I LOVE where I live (I am a true and enthusiastic New England Yankee), I would like to live someplace a little more temperate. I can do without the stupid-cold in the winter.
9) Have you ever been famous?
Not beyond a small community, no. I have no desire to be, either.
10) How big is your TV?
I don’t know, exactly. Mr. Chili knows the dimensions. All I know is that it’s big enough, but not too big.
11) What is your most essential appliance?
Does an iPhone count as an appliance? If it doesn’t, then I’m going to go with my refrigerator.
12) What type of music do you like?
It’s easier to answer that question in the negative; the only kinds of music I don’t like are twangy country music and violent, misogynistic anything.
13) Have you ever been skinny dipping?
Not since I was a pre-teen.
14) How many pillows do you sleep with?
15) What position do you often sleep in?
I don’t really know, as I’m asleep when it happens, but I FALL asleep on my left side with my right knee drawn up almost to my chin.
16) What do you wear to bed?
Usually big tee shirts.
17) How big is your house?
Exactly big enough (though I’m worried that it’s going to be too big when the girls move out…).
18) Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
Why should I have to choose? They are both lovely in their own way.
19) What do you typically have for breakfast?
I’ve taken up the habit of a bowl of Special K Red Berries in the morning. Learning to eat breakfast was perhaps the hardest part of this whole diet-and-exercise adventure I’ve undertaken, but I think I’ve got the habit now.
20) Do you like scary movies?
I like suspenseful movies. I have no use for the Saws or the Paranormal Activities or even any of the classic Halloween or Friday the 13th types of films. I much prefer the Sixth Sense, The Others genre.