Ten things, in no particular order:
1. Father Chili decided to stop treatment yesterday and get connected with hospice. I don’t have any other details than that at the moment; hopefully, I’ll learn more after Mr. Chili goes to see them on his way home from work this afternoon.
2. The English sister-in-law and her husband arrived today. I’m excited to spend time with them.
3. Bean got her hair cut this afternoon. It’s wicked short, and she hates it. Thankfully, her hair grows out really quickly, and she’s got a bunch of cute hats and headbands to manage in the interim.
4. We’re gearing up for a WICKED bout of rain tomorrow (thank the gods that it’s not snow!). I have to drive to Not-So-Local college in the morning to collect final drafts of opinion papers. I’m not looking forward to that ride.
5. I’m probably going to do my thanksgiving grocery shopping tonight. I need to go early enough that I can thaw a frozen turkey if that’s all that’s available.
6. I’m going to make a cranberry upside-down cake for dessert for Thursday. I don’t like “spice” desserts, and that pretty much describes all of traditional Thanksgiving treats (pecan, pumpkin, mincemeat, and apple pies; my in-laws’ (dreaded) plum pudding). Since chocolate seems more fitting for Christmas than Thanksgiving, I decided to make the upside-down cake so that I’d have something to enjoy after dinner.
7. I discovered Malibu coconut rum the other day. I’ve been on a big vanilla rum kick for a while now, but this Malibu stuff is SMOOTH. I went and bought a bottle on my way home this afternoon (which reminds me; I need to add Diet Coke to my grocery list).
8. I stopped at a gymnastics school this afternoon to ask about what I need to do to be able to push myself a little further into my yoga practice; there are a couple of moves that I want to be able to execute that I’m not quite able to get close enough to for my liking. I got some pointers, AND discovered that the school is thinking of running an adult class sometime at the end of the year. I left my email address and phone number.
9. I’m thinking of taking another Local U. class in January to get me one class closer to finishing my CAGS in adolescent development. I’m going to look into the feasibility of that next week.
10. I was thinking the other day that there are some people in my life whom I don’t see anymore whom I don’t miss at all; in fact, I’m glad that I don’t have to interact with them. Then there are others who are absent from me whom I miss all the damned time (and, sadly, there’s precious little I can do about it). I kind of hate that.