The “It’s Fucking COLD Out” edition.
1. I learned today that babies are MUCH easier in the snow than old people. I took Father Chili shopping this morning, and I’m here to tell you that navigating an old person (with a walker! YAY!) over and around snow banks and across icy sidewalks is a recipe for instant stress ulcers. At least you can hoist little kids and carry them over the really treacherous spots. Oy!
2. I’m reiterating, for about the zillionth time, my love of heated seats.
3. Upside? My entire garage is now a refrigerator.
4. It’s snowing again. We got a good blast on Sunday, and we’re due for another 3-6 tonight. All the girls’ after school activities have been called off, though, so that means that once we get home, we get to STAY home.
5. I don’t even want to KNOW what my gas bill is going to look like after this month.
6. Toeses has given up completely on going outside. He’ll consent to spend some time in his fleece bed in the garage, but he hasn’t set foot outside the walls of the house in a couple of weeks.
7. It’s cold here, but it’s even colder up north. I was listening to Maine Public Radio this morning (on the way to shop with Father Chili; he likes classical music), and every time they broke for a weather report, they were talking about temperatures below zero. No, thank you.
8. Black ice, People. It’s a thing. Let’s be careful out there.
9. Car turds (the yucky collections of snow, ice, sand, and grit that build up on mudflaps this time of year) are gross. I try to kick them off before I pull in to the house, but my garage floor inevitably ends up a puddle of all that yuck. We walk through it on our way out of the car, too, so it manages to make a mess of my entry hall, too. Blah.
10. One of my former students posted a status today in which she lamented that she wasn’t born a species that hibernates. I concur. With that, I’m off to the couch with a fleece blanket, a good book, and a mug of tea.
Stay warm, Everyone!