The level of suck that I’ve been experiencing in both my real and e-life has been high lately. Here, then, are ten good things:
1. This. Seriously.
4. Heated seats. It’s been stupid cold here lately; heated seats are really just lovely.
5. Lunch with friends. I had a lovely lunch with Punk’s flute teacher today. I’m meeting a former colleague for tea and sweeties tomorrow afternoon.
6. Far-away but immediately accessible friends. I love facebook; whenever I need something – a sounding board, a bit of encouragement or perspective, or just a laugh – I have a handful of people I can private message and know that they’ll respond right away. I treasure that.
7. NPR. The Universe is doing that strange giving me information just when I need it thing (my students are starting their issue analysis papers, and ALL I’m hearing are stories about the topics they’ve chosen), but even when that’s not happening, I love NPR.
8. Jim Wright. Seriously; if you’re not reading Stonekettle Station, you’re just not living right.
9. Mango Greek yogurt. It’s become my favorite thing lately.
10. Bedtime; so much the better if Mr. Chili goes up first (as he’s done tonight) because he “steals” all my cold spots before I get there. There is little that is as blissful as crawling into a warm bed on a cold New England night.