* share 5 facts about your appearance
1. I am 5 feet, 3 inches tall. I used to be 5’2″, but I took up yoga and gained an inch.
2. I have shoulder-length, curly red hair. I used to fuss with my hair a lot, but about 14 years ago, I got a great cut that freed me from all that. My hairstyle hasn’t changed much since then, mostly because it both suits me and is so low-maintenance.
3. My eyes are an indescribable shade of greenish-brownish-greyish, and I think that what I wear accents different hues. I tend to look best (I think) in autumn-like shades (deep greens and browns, royal purple and blue). Because I am also fair of skin, pastels drain me.
4. I currently weigh slightly more than I did in high school. A year ago (almost exactly), I was the heaviest I’d ever been not pregnant. I embarked on a year-long focused effort to get into shape and, for the most part, I’ve succeeded. I’d like to lose about 5-10 more pounds, but now I’m mostly focused on toning and strengthening; I want to be able to do this before my birthday next year.
5. Though the words “lithe” and “willowy” will never apply to me (see #1 above), people have remarked (often enough for me to take notice) that I carry myself “like a dancer.” I attribute that to the yoga practice, and I like that it’s something that people notice. I don’t consider myself “pretty” by the current standard, but the fact that there’s something about my carriage that people notice favorably pleases me.