Ten Things I’m thinking about:
1. I have a head cold. I am damned and determined that it is NOT going to bring me down, so I’ve been drinking tea like a wonton geisha and doing Emergen-C chemotherapy. I’m hoping to at least beat it back enough that I remain upright.
2. The Walking Dead is a really good show.
3. So is Dexter. I watched season one a while ago; I’ve started season two on Netflix while I’m on the elliptical.
4. My critical thinking classes are starting to get good. I’ve got a few key students in both classes who are willing to really dig in, and I’m hoping that they inspire others to start wading into the fray, as well. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that there is so much going on in the news that we’ve got plenty of fodder to work with.
5. I’m teaching 8 yoga classes this week. I should be good and stretched out by Sunday.
6. I am deeply and profoundly annoyed with a relative who’s being disrespectful, making assumptions about what she can expect from us, and has flat-out lied about two things that are extraordinarily easy to fact check. Ugh.
7. It’s fucking cold here again, and the weather guys are saying it’s not going to be “warm” again until at LEAST the end of NEXT week (the 10 day forecast is all below 30°). Chili is not amused.
8. I love Atlantic Spice Company. I ordered a bunch of loose tea from them on Sunday. It arrived today. I have never had anything but positive experiences with the outfit. Go check them out; you won’t be sorry.
9. I am astonished by the blatant displays of ignorance and hatred being put on by people claiming “sincerely held religious beliefs.” Do NOT expect me to respect you if you’re willing to discriminate against a fellow human being for ANY reason. Wrapping bigotry up in a cloak of “religious freedom” is disingenuous, and further proves to me that religion is a crock of shit.
10. I made the mistake of picking up a box of Trader Joe’s milk chocolate peanut butter cups. They lasted about a day. It’s all I can do not to go back and buy more; they’re that good…